Posts by nor_spoon

A bit messy perhaps, but nevertheless, quite entertaining Anyway, what was the original topic again...
Quote: Originally Posted by haloxt Also I don't recommend loud volume pink noise. I've seen most people (and some manufacturers) say to avoid burning things in that way, especially when brand new. I would not recommend it myself. I had about 20-30 hours of playing time, plus some break-in above listening levels between the listening session, without any particular results. I have to admit I was a bit worried about pushing a bit too hard,...
Quote: Originally Posted by pp312 If the 800s are anything like the 650 they will indeed need 400 hours burn in. The question is, should a buyer need to go through all this to get the best out of a phone? In my experience, 100dB(A) pink noise for about 6 hours was sufficient to mellow them down from their edgy and harsh sound.
Quote: Originally Posted by subtle You know, I'm really glad you provided a link to your silly diatribe thread. There is a reason I never posted in it and that is because it would be a complete waste of my time. I'm really not sure how you baited people in to giving you 47 pages worth of replies, but it probably had something to do with those many times where you posted a reply, when there had been no response to your previous reply, simply to bump the...
Oh please, take it to the other thread will you? This has been beaten to death several times already.
Quote: Originally Posted by plonter Is my best option is to get A more upscale amp than the ones i got? (In fact,I need this amp upgrade anyway...my amps are not up to the task anymore) dont get me wrong...the bass of the HD650 is NICE indeed...but I want a little more in quantity and a little more punch to it. I don't believe that I can't have it in any way...there must be some way to improve/increase the bass a little without bury the wallet. ...
I have the Zana Deux, which is well known to be a great amp to drive and control the HD650's, but they are still far away from being the kind of bass monsters you seem to want them to be. You would need other headphones for that, I am sure. And, unfortunately, I do not think $500 will get you very far in your quest.
Quote: Originally Posted by davidhunternyc Of course, everyone knows by now the real beef I have with the HD800's. It is poorly designed and built. Good design needs no defense. I have to ask: have you had the chance to check out a pair for yourself yet in real life, or are you still describing a headphone you have only seen in pictures?
Quote: Originally Posted by Fortunex I listen to a lot of metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Dio, Slipknot, Dethklok, System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine), but listen to a bit of everything, really. I enjoy having the volume turned up a lot, but everything I've bought so far has terrible distortion when it gets even close to the level that I like. Please take care of your hearing. What you describe sounds like a bad combination, and will...
On the environmental side, may I suggest to break-in the HD800 with a higher volume for a shorter period of time, which in my experience have lead to the same result as those with three numbers in their break-in time. You see, because of the physical factor of the headphones driver, I believe the volume used for break-in is an important factor for how long it takes, and why there are so much variations around. Another benefit is that you do not have to wait several...