Posts by Vertigo-1

I want a Stax Omega I. Just because.
DarkAngel: As per your suggestion, I nabbed a pair of Silver Reference IIs over Christmas time. Finally came back home to them...physical impression, extremely beautiful and HUGE, these things are just ridiculously overbuilt. A single Silver Reference II cable alone is thicker than the Mother powercord. Instant impressions courtesy of the extremely revealing nature of the Omega IIs: 1. So far there seems to be nothing the Appasionatas do that the Silver...
Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off
Quote: Originally posted by Duncan But, if you consider how cheap they are... especially at offer price, compared to the big boys... and the kit that needs to go with them... Are they really THAT bad for what we're essentially branding budget headphones?? Well, the point that several have made that I'll regurgitate again is that in reality, the HD600s are NOT cheap at all...not unless you plan on getting them and plugging them straight into your...
Quote: Originally posted by bifcake The 580/600 phones do not sound veiled, they don't sound bright, they don't sound undetailed and the like PROVIDED you pair them up with a GOOD source, a GOOD amp and a GOOD cable. This is not to say they don't have their own acoustic characteristic, but they certainly don't exhibit any of the above mentioned aberrations when they're properly paired with quality electronics. Otherwise, it would be tantamount to saying that...
Personally my own path was to get a known killer source first, recuperate my bank account over 4-5 months (with TONS upon TONS of research during this period on the Omega IIs), and then go for the Omega IIs. I wanted to make absolutely sure that I had the best that I could afford backing up those Omega IIs when I got them. It assured that my chances of liking them permanently would be a bit higher then if I drove them from a source that I knew to be subpar for them. My...
Veil.
Up for quick sale, Sony JB920 MD deck, must sell by Thursday the 16th. In great condition with minor scratching on top. Comes with manual and remote, original box missing. This used to be Sony's top of the line MD deck that retailed for $480, and has tons of editing capabilities. Full array of both digital and analog inputs and outputs. Asking $125 shipped. Check or MO only, no Paypal. Please email if interested...my PM box is nearing its limit. Info can be found...
$2500 throws the door pretty wide open for your choice of sources. You could also consider the Arcam CD23T, Creek CD53, some of the Marantz SACD units and the Sony SCD-1. Possibly some of Cary's players as well. As always, research research research, and audition if possible. With Staxs, the sky's the limit...the better your gear, the better they get, whether it be cables or the source. It's thus in your best interest to get the best source you can possibly afford to get...
Quote: Originally posted by grinch you want to see buffy's nipple? *cough*http://users.mach-nine.com/grinch/sa...llar412001.jpg*cough* i'm not ballsy enough for the image tag. That one looks too much like a Photoshop jobbie if you ask me...