or Connect

Posts by s1rrah

I have a 4K screen but I don't use it ... I prefer the higher frame rates that I get with my 1440p G Sync screen ... and yeah, sort of going for overkill ... spending money on computer gear is one of my favorite hobbies.  It's why I drive a 16 year old Nissan Sentra ... ;-) ... priorities and all ... 
 Your 970 will be an easy sell ... if you are a member, then post it at overclock.net ... price it right and it should sell really fast .... I've been watching the Pascal cards and might upgrade from my x2 980's but only a Titan X or a 1080ti ... 
 I would trade somebody my chrome PS1K's for their matte PS1K's in a second if there was some way to be sure the drivers in the matte were as good as my somewhat new chrome drivers ... Love the matte finish ...
Just got my new Serengeti Genova's ... polarized ... photochromic lenses ... such a nice set of shades; I've wanted these forever and finally broke down and bought them.  It's an older design from Serengeti, released in 2011, and generally only available in the UK.  But man are they ridiculously good.  Might buy a 2nd pair before their all gone ...   ...     ...   The frame design is excellent too ... sides block just about all incoming side light ... way more...
 I received a pair today and have been listening ...  and I'm totally impressed. The noise canceling is top notch; I've owned the Bose QC25's and just by memory I'd say these are 90 to 95% as good in the ANC department. But the sound is what I'm most impressed with; significantly better than the Bose QC25's ... 2 drivers per ear cup yields a more detailed overall sonic image to me and they just sound super good.   These Solitudes and also the Bose  QC25's are what I...
Just picked up a pair of Serengeti Genova Drivers (Polarized version) ... been wanting a pair for a long time and finally broke down ...   ...  
 The AEG 5670 sounds like a Bendix 2c51 or a Bendix 6385 ... it is clean, airy and detailed.  I doubt it will help with what you perceive as "glare" in the highs ... That said, the AEG 5670 is my current and long time go to tube in my own Pagoda ... and I listen via  Mapletree Audio tube amp and Grado PS1000's ... further, I'm hugely senstitive to glare and stridency in high frequencies and I don't have any problems with the Pagoda at all ... it's certainly more detailed...
 I agree with BlackstoneJD and Joseph69 both ... On one hand and considering the cost of the headphones, a great deal of improvement could be made on the part of Grado in regards to the physical construction of the overall headphone assembly ... I mean face it .. these are 1600.00 headphones and they are quite literally "cobbled" together with some plastic and rods ... not at all very hardy and in the case of the PS1000 with it's considerable weight ... quite fragile. On...
  ...   I've had this for about five years. Fantastic field recorder and in great condition.  Only reason I'm selling is that I haven't used it in a long while and simply need to offload for some extra $$.   Recorder comes:   AC power supply remote control "pistol grip" 16gb SD Card   I will cover shipping costs within the US 50.   Thanks for looking...   Joel
 On second thought ... I don't think it's a $100 need ...  Looks comfy, though ...