Posts by s1rrah

This is sold.
These are sold.
 This phenomenon is almost always due to a small hair or some other such very small bit of debri, resting somewhere on the driver surface; I had a brand new pair of PS1000's that exhibited this problem the very first day I had them. If I shook the headphones, I could actually hear something very small, moving/shifting in the driver ... like a bit of debri that would occasionally come to rest on the driver and thereby cause the "grattle" sound. I solved the problem by...
 I did get selected and was over the moon at the opportunity until I discovered the monetary committment.   I've since kindly declined on the deal.   :-) And I agree, BETA testing, in it's traditionally thought of "norm" ... doesn't generally involve a near full price deposit ... passing around gear as is done a lot around this scene, is something different and is more often described as a "demo program"/etc. ... and the monetary angle is usually put right up front as it's...
 No worries mate ... but I really do find the PS1K's to sound quite a bit different than the GS1K's ... the former is much more mid range centric while the GS1K's mids are quite reduced to my ear ... The PS1Ke's are even more further removed from the GS1K sound ... far far more neutral/flat ... But it's just ears and headphones so disagreeing is par for the course...  also why it's so much fun ... :-)
 Thank you x10 for finding that out. That said ... ??? I'm not sure I'm willing to committ to that just yet. Might have to wait for more reviews ..  Thanks a million for the effort, though ... .. .joel
Here's another little PSA regarding music (this time totally FREE FLACS) that I find divine with the PS1000 ...   Truth be told, I've had these FLACs for years now, way before I had the PS1000 ... and I like to listen to them with any gear as they represent some of the best, live recorded music I've ever heard.  But they are especially good with highly resolving gear ... the smack of the snare off the back wall, the slightly "room amplified" thump of the bass and...
 x2
 I had a serious freak out when I saw that for sale man ...  I'm in the US and was about to offer you $150 .. LOL ... that's how bad I miss the S:flo 2 ... decided against it, though as didn't want to hassle with Intl shipping and not solder skilled (to change the battery eventually) ... S:flo 2/Arrow amp combo = best portable I've ever heard ... recently had a DX90 and it was good but didn't have the sheer detail and sound stage of the S:flo 2 ... I hoped it would, since...
 It's not just the materials used to build the cups (metal vs wood vs combination of both) ... the actual driver design/engineering is completely different between the GS1000 and PS1000 ... I would think this latter fact is what creates the vastly different sound between the two headphones and not nearly so much the materials used in the cups (wood vs metal). What I'd like to hear is a PS1000 driver set mated to an all wood housing. I strongly suspect the overall  sonic...