Posts by s1rrah

Glad you l iked the review. And as far as your question about "for the money?" ... For me, yeah ... so far, this is it. But it really all depends on what you want to hear with your digital to analogue solution ... there are some pretty dramatic differences between these classic R2R/NOS designs (like the Stockholm V2) and some of the newer DAC architectures (oversampling/upsampling and what have you) ...  Myself? I enjoy the musicality and natural delivery of the NOS...
Wow. Insane deal ... good luck with the sell.
Listed a nice gaming laptop in the for sale section in case anybody is shopping around ... great deal, too ... about 600 bucks less than what you'd build the same machine for at the moment ...   I'm wanting to get an 880M machine is why I'm selling it. I've only had it two months or so ...   FYI:   http://www.head-fi.org/t/729068/gigabyte-p35g-v2-gaming-laptop-w-optical-out
      Just a note: this is predominantly a fairly high end gaming laptop build. It does have an optical out, though and sounds really good when being used as a source. Thought I'd list it hear on the chance gamers might be looking for a decent lappy...     I've had this for about three weeks. Bought new from GenTech PC builders. I'm itching to get the new P25X v2 Gigabyte when it begins shipping in a few weeks and am out of the return window for this current...
 Is there really a "correct" orientation for the filter? I ask this as I put mine in opposite of what is shown in the above video ... in other words ... I inserted mine with the screen side up instead of down ...  Just curious if anyone has determined whether it makes any difference or not ... .joel
 I still listen to one every single day. Love it. Perfectly portable, great external buttons and really decent sound quality. ;-)
 Both the Havana and the Stockholm v2 share the same NOS ease and musicality ... However, the Stockholm v2 is a noticeably more detailed, resolving circuit than is the Havana ...  And compared to the Paradisea+ (which I had for a number of years and enjoyed), the Stockholm v2 is night and day in regards to resolution and detail retrieval ...  But no doubt about it, they are all NOS DACs and share that architectural quality of musical ease and a analogue-like nature...
I read the opening bit and loved it. ;-) .. will read more later ... 
 Don't know too much about them but just got a new gaming laptop with two Crucial M550 512gb drives set up in a 1TB RAID 0 array and ... being my first system using SSD's ... I just have to say, I'm blown away at the speed of them. Something crazy like 900mbs in Crystal benchmark ... just ridiculous ...  I second the thread at OCN ... great resource ...
  IT'S ALIVE!  IT'S ALIVE!! ... lol