or Connect

Posts by s1rrah

Stories like this are legend ... Even if you don't have a receipt, you can send in your ear bud and if the date code on the bud is still within warranty, they will still service it with or without a receipt; I know because I stepped on one of mine and broke the nozzle off and sent it in claiming I didn't have a receipt and wanted to simply pay for a new bud ... but they still replaced it for free because the date code on the broken ear bud was still within the two year...
 I think the USB sounds just fine ... I've always preferred using optical but over the years, I've used both.   I wouldn't worry about it and to tell you the truth?  I'm pretty sure far more computer listeners out there are using USB over optical ... since it's just so convenient ... The who bought  my former Stockholm 2 is a speaker rig listener alone ... using some really high end, Magnapane speakers as well as some super high end amplifiers ... and he uses nothing but...
 Welcome to the club ... you will be pleased, I'm sure... ;-)
 How are you driving them? I found the 668B's to sound horrible out of my phone and Cowon J3 .. but when listened too out of my desktop DAC and AMP, they were *completely* better ...
I agree with your astonishment ...   I first bought the Superlux HD668B's and then discovered the Samson SR850, which uses the same driver, a slightly different porting/venting system and a far more comfortable headband for my thin haired head ...    Further, as others have discussed in various reviews, I find the Samson's take on this driver to be slightly less high frequency forward (but still a notch in the upper regions) ... but overall, the bass is a tad more...
 LOL ... I know *exactly* how you feel ... sellers remorse ... 
 Classic case of driver jealously ... just took the old 970 driver hooks a little while to accept the change and finally let go of their control ... I go through the same thing when I get a new girlfriend...  :-)
 Me too! Those are so sexy ... can't believe they don't just change the color permanently cause I hate that black/blue original scheme ... These both look yummy .. ... 
 Ahhh ... interesting ... I didn't put that together ...
This isn't MHDT Lab related but it is R2R DAC related and so wanted to see if any of you caught this when it was for sale a bit earlier this year ...   It's a custom build buy a Head-fi user and I forget what he sold it for but I think it went for something like $1600+ ... it's really beautiful, and was wondering if anybody had experience with this particular DAC chip (AD1865) ... also, it has a true analogue tube output stage (as opposed to a simple buffer)...