or Connect

Posts by s1rrah

The AEG 5670 sounds like a Bendix 2c51 or a Bendix 6385 ... it is clean, airy and detailed.  I doubt it will help with what you perceive as "glare" in the highs ... That said, the AEG 5670 is my current and long time go to tube in my own Pagoda ... and I listen via  Mapletree Audio tube amp and Grado PS1000's ... further, I'm hugely senstitive to glare and stridency in high frequencies and I don't have any problems with the Pagoda at all ... it's certainly more detailed...
 I agree with BlackstoneJD and Joseph69 both ... On one hand and considering the cost of the headphones, a great deal of improvement could be made on the part of Grado in regards to the physical construction of the overall headphone assembly ... I mean face it .. these are 1600.00 headphones and they are quite literally "cobbled" together with some plastic and rods ... not at all very hardy and in the case of the PS1000 with it's considerable weight ... quite fragile. On...
  ...   I've had this for about five years. Fantastic field recorder and in great condition.  Only reason I'm selling is that I haven't used it in a long while and simply need to offload for some extra $$.   Recorder comes:   AC power supply remote control "pistol grip" 16gb SD Card   I will cover shipping costs within the US 50.   Thanks for looking...   Joel
 On second thought ... I don't think it's a $100 need ...  Looks comfy, though ...
 Wow.  That really does look nice ... I think I'll have to follow ...
 I've heard them and they are a lovely variation on the "vanilla" SE535's ... but it's just a filter trick ... the SE846 is another animal entirely ...
 x2 The SE846 is a monstrosity of sonic love.  Just too spendy for me ...
 Coming from the 215's?  You will be super pleased with either the 425 *or* the 535.  I've owned both and currently own the 535's.  Compared to the 215's? They are both leaps ahead in clarity and resolution.  That said, both the 425 and the 535 have what could be called "rolled off highs". This is not a problem, though and after a few songs you forget all about it and realize that Shure has tuned the IEM's to work with *everything* ... every music type, every recording...
 The GS1000's were just *brilliant* with the right content ... but other stuff, any recording that was mastered "hot" or towards the bright end of things would quite literally become unlistenable.  The PS1000's fixed this for me.  
 2nd that. I'm dieing to know how they compare to the original GS1000 ... which I enjoyed but found to high freq forward ...