or Connect

Posts by s1rrah

Oddly, the right channel in my Pagoda DAC went out about a week ago; I think it might have something to do with my power amplifier as; my amplifier had an RCA input jack that was loose and I kept having to "jiggle" it to get the sound to work ... I'm not sure how these things work but messing with that RCA on the amplifier might have sent some aberrant "static" back to the DAC and might have blown the right channel ...   That said ...I emailed MHDT about it and they had...
 The perfect description.  MHDT Lab should adopt that as their official slogan.   In fact, your impressions echo my own pretty much exactly and across the board.
 The SE535's come with "medium" black olive tips installed on them ... And like yourself, I'm pretty average when it comes to head/ear size ... and I've always found the "medium" foam tips (black olives) to work best for me ... The large works for me too but the mediums offer the best insertion depth and isolation ...
 x2

As a person who has used Grados almost exclusively for the past 10 years, I can say that covering the grills when laying the cans flat is essential towards avoiding the "rattle" phenomenon ... all it takes is a grain of salt or a hair or something equally tiny to drop through that grill ... My current PS1K's ... bought new (actually a show room demo pair) arrived with the "grattle" ... when shaking the cup in question, I could actually hear something very tiny pinging in...
 What specifically does the firmware update address for the USB input?
 Shoosh ... quite a price jump there ... just goes to show where one has to go after the MHDT DACs to get anything better.  LOL ... How much did you have to pay for the D1 Dual?  Those are such sexy DACS!
PM'd
 I am not the expert on this but I've read around quite a bit and am acquainted with a couple people who do happen to know a lot about these PCM56P DAC chips ... and I wouldn't trust any PCM56P-K's to be genuine unless buying direct from some place like Mouser Electronics (who describe the K grade PCM56P's as "unavailable" )... Ebay sellers and even more so Amazon sellers are most likely selling counterfeit chips which in the end will most likely be worse than the J grade...