Posts by s1rrah

Is there really a "correct" orientation for the filter? I ask this as I put mine in opposite of what is shown in the above video ... in other words ... I inserted mine with the screen side up instead of down ...  Just curious if anyone has determined whether it makes any difference or not ... .joel
 I still listen to one every single day. Love it. Perfectly portable, great external buttons and really decent sound quality. ;-)
 Both the Havana and the Stockholm v2 share the same NOS ease and musicality ... However, the Stockholm v2 is a noticeably more detailed, resolving circuit than is the Havana ...  And compared to the Paradisea+ (which I had for a number of years and enjoyed), the Stockholm v2 is night and day in regards to resolution and detail retrieval ...  But no doubt about it, they are all NOS DACs and share that architectural quality of musical ease and a analogue-like nature...
I read the opening bit and loved it. ;-) .. will read more later ... 
 Don't know too much about them but just got a new gaming laptop with two Crucial M550 512gb drives set up in a 1TB RAID 0 array and ... being my first system using SSD's ... I just have to say, I'm blown away at the speed of them. Something crazy like 900mbs in Crystal benchmark ... just ridiculous ...  I second the thread at OCN ... great resource ...
  IT'S ALIVE!  IT'S ALIVE!! ... lol
"FrankenHavana!" ...lol ...that thing looks rad!!
 It's not really microphonics your hearing ... well, technically, I think it could be called "microphonics" but it's not related to your cable ... it's related to the fact that you have highly noise canceling ear pieces in and therefore can hear any sorts of vibrations in your body. It's the same as when you see a vocalist put a finger in their ear to better hear their own voice ...  This bothered the hell out of me when first switching to very noise canceling inner ear...
 Not sure. Have no experience with that DAC.But re: mods?Everything in the Havana thread, hear at head-fi, also applies to the Stockholm 2 DAC ... It's kind of a mod friendly designhttp://www.head-fi.org/t/310441/mhdt-havana-dac/2460#post_10670980.
 lmfao.