Posts by Acreo Aeneas

So my brother bought a pair of HD419's off Amazon refurb'd for the low, low price of $10.  Now after normal wear-and-tear, sound only comes out of the left ear cup.  Nothing out of the right.  I'm wearing them now and the wire doesn't seem to be at fault.  I've wiggled it and slowly inserted the plug into my computer headphone jack.    I only have a basic understanding of headphone innards and was wondering if anything knew how to fix this pair?  Could I fix it...
That's a lot of cash for a pair phones.  I hope they are worth the $5000+ people shell out...  Makes the budget stuff I have feel tiny, they don't even have as many zeros in their price tag.  :S
Every headphone has it's own sound signature and in the end, it depends on what the listener wants out of a given pair of cans, what sound he/she is looking for, whether or not they like bass/clarity/detail, etc.  Personally, I find both to be on the bass heavy side because I usually prefer analytical phones that offer clarity, some bass, and good midrange.  My first pair of UE Super.Fi 3s set the reference standard for me and subsequent test drives of various phones...
Just a note before you read the rest of my post: I have not burned in my 8323s enough yet (only about 6 hours on them).  I have read burn-in opens up the mids a bit more (impressions from other members says it's not significant).   Second, don't post a reply so quickly after your first post.  Wait a day, at least, before bumping the thread.  Some will just ignore the thread if they already see a reply so soon (assumption that it's been answered).   Now onto my...
  Woah, those look really comfy, elegant, and classy! 
    Maybe I should test drive these if I can find it at my local Best Buy.  :)
1. Coby CV185 2. JVC HA-RX700 3. Soundmagic PL18 4. Phillips SHL9500   Since I'm more on the go nowadays, I've been grabbing for my cheapy Coby CV185s the most.  When I'm at home, I reach for my HARX700s for some nice quiet personal listening.  The PL18s are fun and dynamic, but with the buildup of earwax, I rarely use these now unless I'm not lugging any bags with me and can only stuff the PL18s and my phone in my pockets.  I've all but abandoned my SHL9500s,...
Hmm...comfy eh?  Going off of just TSIG's video review, seems like something I would have added to my wishlist if it weren't for the inline volume controller and the flat cable.  Other than that, sounds like my HARX700s.  I usually don't like inline controllers since they usually break.  Minimal leakage is great for on-the-go.   Any owners that can comment on how well it stands up to abuse, mainly if the cord is snagged on something on-the-go?  Any problems with the...
It looks very suspect.  Even tempted to say "scam" site:   Compare this page: http://www.first-class-headphones.com/Monster-Beats-Mixr-p/mr-mixr.htm To Best Buy's reviews page: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/4676961/beats-by-dr-dre-mixr-over-the-ear-headphones-black-reviews/reviews.htm   It's stolen (copy and paste even the page styling) content.  That's already a bad sign, much less the slapped-together feel of the site itself.  
The JVC HA-RX700 wouldn't make great gaming phones (again soundstage is an issue with most closed or semi/ported phones).  The HARX700s are ported (or semi-open, mostly closed) phones and I find them to be great for jazz and vocal pieces.  Can't speak for the Superlux or Samson as I don't own either and have not tried either.