Posts by lonereaction

Start from less good, to best 1. ibuds (after someone stole my ck7, had to use these) sounded like a ****ty speaker put into a cardboard box 2. 30USD Cresyn in ears. My first in ears, my sister still uses these to jog. Showed me what a decent pair of earphones can do 3.Mylar x3. 3rd earphone Great value. Bijou & shrooms offer similar value. 4. ATH CK7. 2nd earphone Very solidly built, much nicer bass. 5. Livewires (dual, 2007). 4th earphone The most realistic in-ears I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by eucariote If you could blindly pick that cable 6/6 times I'd be a believer. I too am intrested. It took me spending most of my savings since sept 2008 of my 300+USD monthly pay to get the JH16s (not here yet). Cables like twag would take the savings of the last 4 months of my time in the army. Started a thread on a local forum and people took it the wrong way.
I'm using iqube with ipod classic, it really fills the sound. Very neutral too.
*a little bump*
Quote: Originally Posted by b0dhi I also want to point out that my hearing is not in any way exceptional. If anything it's a little below average for someone my age. The only reason I passed that ABX was because of intense training which I believe most people could also have passed if they were as persistent. I agree with this, and I think that this (training) is what separates audiophiles from average joe listeners. I myself am an average joe...
Original post a few months ago: [[SPOILER]] Since then, I've sold off the HD650 and iqube(v1) portable amp. Been listening to JH16s from my handphone (galaxy s) and desktop (logitech z5500 headphone out, connected to xfi xtreme gamer)..
I just bought my 8gb clip+. Oh my god. I have no idea if it sounds better than my ipod classic, but the sound coming out of this tiny thing is unbelievable! Is there a way to keep the screen on the graphic visualization? It goes away every time a new song plays. Would be a super cool fashion item as well.
Wow, this seems like a crazy good player. I'm thinking of getting the clip for ultra portabilty (to be used with jh 16 when I get them), and relegate ipod 6g + iqube to stationary listening. How is the flo 2 compared to an ipod/imod + decent amp setup?
They would pay $20 for stylish earphones that have "XTRA BASS" though. Hur hur! I remember back in 2006 I was still using stock sony earbuds. They hurt after 30mins of use..
Quote: Originally Posted by Eggroll I'm about to order a pair of JH16's next week and was leaning towards the Arrow 12HE for the amp. Will that be a good combo? Wow, that (Arrow) is a really slim amp. Makes my iqube look like a fatass. =/