Posts by ourfpshero

Nice , a local meet, I'll be there
A few comparisons to other headphones i have:   VS BEATS PRO: Headfiers generally pan anything from Beats, but the pros are actually quite decent, but very overpriced. Also, the Didos are aimed straight at the beats pro market. The Didos fit and finish is like a blinged Beats Pro. Sound-wise the Dido "beats" the Beats Pro on all fronts, though I wouldn't call it a slaughter. The Dido has better extension on both ends, slightly richer in the middle, and is easier to...
Now that I've spent a few days with them:   Initial Impression: Well, it came with the left speaker/earpad popped out of the cup- I had to be very careful not to pull on the wires as I put them back together. The swiveling mechanism is a plastic ring with a few nubs to pop into place, not very confidence inspiring! (I hope its nylon and not plastic). Other than that, the fit and finish are top-notch. All metal and leather, they make the beats pro look frumpy in...
The most obvious comparison:        
Systems I will use. I am a gamer, so my main rig is my pc. Xonar ST (very sweet sound card, best i have ever heard) and a Sound blaster recon3d, I switch between cards based on my mood.  For portable I use my Lg Spectrum 2, sometimes with a Xenos portable amp.    My better headphones on hand are a Hifiman he-400, a Philips fidelio X1, AKG K550 and K612, and a sennheiser momentum.
in my possession now.  The lt speaker was popped out of the metal earcup, but it snapped back in with a few minutes fiddling. It is held in by a plastic ring with tabs. plugging the cable in the lt earcup is fine, but is looser if plugged in to the rt earcup. Just updating on the condition.    I will compare these to my "better" headphones, as well as a beats pro due to very similar looks and market these are after.
For those of you with fit issues, note that on the new denon headphones, the cable is on the Right ear, not the left as in most headphones.
ad900x photos requested perfect condition except for small dent on left grill    
Sigh, I just saw this ad for a Sony cd3000 http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-MDR-CD3000-/301089551987?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item461a55f673   -which is way too rich for me, but I had a like new cd3000 a few years ago and sold it for about $450 here- a great price at the time I couldn't refuse!   But now I miss that headphone on almost a daily basis, and I think I will never hear one again!!! No other headphone (I have had hundreds) has...