or Connect

Posts by ourfpshero

The only thing I can think of is a) taking the volume control out completely and soldering the wires together, or b) try taking the control apart and cleaning inside
pics added to main post of A1 pro.   These have a v-shaped sound curve with emphasis on the deep bass end for a nice thump, works well with a portable source. These are small on-ear headphones, construction seems solid, like a nylon plastic
I also tried some Shure 840 pads backed by plastic tubing- it made the bass slightly deeper
Ok -I tried some tape mods- its a little difficult as these headphones are chambered and vented already, JVC put some thought into these! Anyway, Isettled on a little thermal tape on outside cup, it helped control vibration a little, also did some metal tape inside main driver chamber, helped highs come out a little. Adding metal tape to outside chamber did nothing. Overall these mods made the headphones seem slightly louder, I supposed a lot more material could affect...
Hah-we need to make one! I don't know if I mentioned this previously- In modding my JVC rx700, I discovered that lining the cup with metal pipe tape brings up the highs like a metal cup headphone, and using thermal insulating tape adds more thump to the lows (like using Dynamat, but much easier and less $$)Do we have complete diassembly pics?
SZ1000 VS. DARTH BEYER - I recently got a Darth Beyer (Beyerdynamic dt770 pro with large wood cups), these are bass monsters so the comparison had to be made!   disclaimer- EQ was used a lot, the Beyer is well broken in, the JVC has maybe 100 hrs at most.    Portability :) haha- neither one is very portable and both take power to drive....   Clarity The Beyer wins on clarity, has a much smoother sound all the way through the spectrum, though some may prefer the...
express mail with tracking to Oz is $66.90 additional
A1 added, price drops
I use mine for Battlefield 3 all the time :)
I just got an A1 pro, literally looks like a mini A5 pro, sound is more "V" shaped, more of a Dj sound. I will do a review thread soon. So far out of the box, seems like a great portable