Posts by ourfpshero

I tried the larger studios with some hm-5 earpads. definately around ear now, larger stage, slightly less bass. I might open these up soon to consider stronger drivers
These are my impressions of the Zagg zr-le wood headphones- this is the bamboo model. Another obvious Esmooth oem, I have tried 3 others here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/710947/tribeca-wood-headphones-esmooth-oems-with-mixed-results . I have now tried all but the rectangular shaped Esmooth headphones.  The Zagg are the best so far- very balanced across the spectrum from highs to lows, slightly V-shaped sound curve but no part of the sound is muffled, very clear and detailed...
Still have the m50, there are pics in thread, some wear marks on headband , pads a little stiff
I have one of these. Very nice sound for the under $100 price. Feels like very solid construction. The sound is bass heavy but the highs and mids do not recess at any volume and stay crisp, typical Polk sound. Kind of large for portable use but easy to drive. The cable is removable, and is 2.5 mm at the headphone end. I would call this a winner for the price, they are readily available under 100 on ebay
solder might melt it,i usually burn the wires for a second with a bbq lighter for best results. be quick, literally only takes a second!
Yes!!! the v-modas are very over-rated around here, and I don't know why! like many headfiers, I have tried literally hundreds of headphones. The m100 is a big improvement over the regular crossfades (which are horrid sounding), but they are still very bass-dominant headphones like a monster beats and all their imitators. 
OMG- can u says "beats pro?" I knew you could. 
more of a side-grade, the denon is clearer, more prominent in mids and highs, the m50 better bass and more. 
just got a d600- quick comparison. They sound very similar, the d600 has slightly better extension and clarity on low and high end, slightly bigger stage. the d340 is a little more prominent in mids. None of these differences is very big. 
here is a comparison photo with an rx700