Posts by ourfpshero

the story on the beats pro- i received them as only playing on the side the cable is plugged into. I traced this to a loose connection on the left plug. In the process of troubleshooting, i disconnected the crossover wire in the rt cup. i was unwilling to disassemble the rt cup to reattach this as the earpads are a pain to remove and install and i put a scuff on one.  So thats why the cable has to be plugged into lt cup to work properly. If you put cable in rt cup, only...
Unfortunately, the earpads were a lucky find on ebay, I have no link.  I had the shp8000. The 8000 is curcumaural, nicely built, very comfortable. It was also very bassy, the highs did not come out well on anything except a portable player (due to low power), the shl3300 is the superior sounding headphone
photo with skullcandy mixmaster pads I got cheap off ebay!
phiatons added
got these for a good price off ebay and sold them the next day. Very muted sounding, no crispness or clarity. Also the surround effect is minimal at best in games. look elsewhere, headfiers...
I used some skullcandy mixmaster earpads, looks and feels nice
tribeca pics requested  
Creative labs used to sell them for 10$, they are out of stock now
Sennheiser HD520 II The earpads are not original- they are creative labs wow pads, the originals disintegrated when trying to handle them.  
I got one of these, using the rakuten coupon last weekend, cost me 54$ total. I can't post any pics because I already packed it up and shipped it back for site credit!   Here's the deal: I am an Audio Technica fan, the a900 being one of my all time faves. I have enjoyed all but the lowest end Audio Technica headphones. These intrigued me up until I opened the box. They are very small, feel cheap and flimsy, and the earpads kind of crinkle when you squeeze them. They look...