Posts by Necrolic

Sold to saidentary along with my amp!
Sold to saidentary along with my LA7000s!
Due to not having appropriate listening time, I'm selling my headphone rig to more deserving owners, and this beloved amp/DAC has to go too.   The Compass was the prelude to the Audio-GD FUN, and is a great little starter amp which ran about $280 at the time. Mine was ordered with the OPA Earth module, which is the most neutral low end chip they offer but has a somewhat warmer, musical sound to it which goes well with pretty much any headphone. It's capable of...
It's come time to sell my beloved LA7000 Lite headphones with Jarrah wood cups from Lawton Audio. They were purchased in late April 2010 and were completed May 11, 2010 (as is seen on the Certificate of Authenticity). I love these cans to death but I simply haven't been able to give them the listening time they deserve this past year and I've decided to sell them to a new, more available owner.   They were purchased directly from Markl at Lawton Audio, he provided...
Due to some financial troubles I'm selling my headphone rig, including my Audio-GD Compass. It's served me well and I'm sad to see it go but it's time   The Compass was the prelude to the Audio-GD FUN, and is a great little starter amp which ran about $280 at the time. Mine was ordered with the OPA Earth module, which is the most neutral low end chip they offer but has a somewhat warmer, musical sound to it which goes well with pretty much any headphone. It's capable...
This is just an interest check for my beloved LA7000 Lite headphones with Jarrah wood cups from Lawton Audio. They were purchased in late April 2010 and were completed May 11, 2010 (as is seen on the Certificate of Authenticity). I love these cans to death but I'm desperately in need of some extra cash and haven't had nearly enough listening time with them this past year to justify keeping them. However, if I can't get a reasonable price for them I will simply hold onto...
Dres aren't BAD perse, but not worth the price tag.
I think you guys are underestimating the effect made by the Lawton Audio wood cups. To my ears they made an astronomically larger difference than the J$ pads (although they make the most beautiful music together, excuse the pun). The J$ pads merely helped reign in the bass, bring the mids very slightly forward, and enlarged the soundstage a lot. The wood cups give the cans an unbelievably richer, fuller sound, and this is speaking from experience going from the wooden...
First of all let me state my experience. I picked up a pair of D5000s stock back in mid-November. I gradually modded those a little bit, getting Lawton Audio wood cups and J$ leather pads for them. Eventually, I decided the bass was too overpowering for my tastes at the volume I listened at (wasn't too bad at lower volumes), and decided to upgrade. I ordered a pair of LA7000 Lites from Mark with J$ pads instead of the stuffed stock pads, received them some time in May,...
They finally arrived today, and initial impressions are... just wow... These are amazing cans from what I hear so far, I'll get more in depth after extensive listening. From first impressions though, they seem to sound just as Mark described they would.   Hopefully should get pictures up soon.