Posts by gmiossi

Hmmm... I wonder if the Samsung Galaxy Nexus supports it. That's my phone. I have an ODAC arriving today, so I'll give it a shot.
  I ought to do that. At this point it's kind of pointless, though, since they're out for delivery today.   Incidentally, I live near Charlotte too. Small world! I missed that headphone meetup that happened a few months ago, though :/
  I apologize. When it said *one day remaining* and it showed the status as being on the westcoast and the destination set to Idaho, and then when I called UPS and they told me the full address was a mixture of my street address and another state, I thought for sure that it was in fact being delivered there.   I turns out that it's UPS that was clueless, and Nancy from Heir Audio was right - it *still* shows the destination address as being Idaho and a mixture of my...
  I've got a similar issue... I got a tracking number for the UPS shipment, but under the 'destination' area of the tracking page it has been set to deliver to Idaho, while I live in NC. I asked and they contacted UPS and apparently this is something that UPS did as a temporary measure because they hadn't updated the tracking page with my address yet, or it wasn't cleared or something ... not really sure what's going on there. It says there's one day left till delivery,...
Old thread, but I just stumbled across it.   Look, the fact of the matter is that the output (even outside of high/low frequency ranges) is not bit-identical between lossy and uncompressed audio. Now, will anyone notice those differences? That isn't as simple to answer as "yes" or "no" - it depends entirely on the hearing of the person in question, but more than that (and I've seen nobody in this thread mention this), it depends on your equipment.   If you have a...
  IE8s, ER4Ps and I'm awaiting a return shipment at the moment with some Heir Audio 8As.
  Those look great! The glow-in-the-dark logo sounds interesting. Once you get them I'd love to see a picture of them in a dimly-lit room with flash turned off.
  That's correct. I ordered the magnus cable and the stock cable since I wanted to be able to compare them (and it also gives me a spare cable, just in case), and I had to pay a little extra, so the cost of the stock cable is discounted from the magnus cable normally. Everyone's setup is going to be different, but I'll post my impressions of the two cables once I get them. I also got a magnus intraconnect cable to go between my amp/dac. I'll post regarding that verses a...
  Wow. Honestly, I'd be shocked if there's SUCH an improvement that I'd call my IE8s "mud", but I certainly won't be complaining if I do!   Yes, I'll be sure to post with my impressions of the magnus cable as opposed to a stock one. I'm changing around so much with my listening setup at the moment I figured that I might as well try out cable upgrades as well. There's always someone on head-fi that claims any particular category of upgrade raptured their soul to heaven, so...
I'll probably attend. I mostly have IEMs, but I'll bring my AKG k701s along with an O2 amp and ODAC from JDS Labs.   Edit: Sorry, but I'm not going to be able to make it.