Posts by HeadphoneAddict

Yeah, definitely not a 3-star IEM, but more like a 4/5, and NOT DARK sounding at all - trust me my 54 year old ears would know it.   I rather enjoy them and their "fun" sound signature, which makes them energetic and toe tapping while un-amped with just an iPhone.  Tinyman392 had some good impressions, but I don't hear them being as soft as he describes.  I do hear smooth and musical mids, with powerful bass and a slight sheen at the top of the treble, but not quite...
Okay, to continue with my impressions from today: I listened to the Audeze iSine10 planar magnetic IEM, and really enjoyed them - they were fun and punchy and musical with good presence and treble to go with them, and didn't make me feel too isolated like I was in a soundless vacuum on the moon.  Sometimes you don't want to wear a full size headphone and speakers are not appropriate, but you need to be aware of your surroundings and don't want the isolation of an IEM, and...
$15,000 for amp and phones combo - not available separately at this time.  I'll get pictures later, but it the phone's appearance is similar to the HE-1000 and the amp looks kinda like a hi-tech 30M diving platform but wider and not as tall.
My son (HeadFanatic) and I arrived late yesterday, but the show was still going until past 7PM, instead of the usual 6PM, so we still got to see a few things.  We're heading out to breakfast now to try out as much as we can today, and we're here tomorrow as well.   I got to try out the latest revision of the HiFiMan Edition-X and thought they were very good. Via iPhone and iPhone with CCK + CEntrance DACportable they had good bass extension, full rich mids, and a nice...
So far, I've had only a few hours of listening to the two devices with only three different headphones (HD600, V-MODA M-100, HiFiMan Edition S), and with neither amp burned in.  I'm only using it right now on a maxed out retina Macbook Pro 15". I'd say the biggest difference is that the DACportable has a stronger foundation in the low end than the DACport HD, followed by a slightly larger more open sound.  I have only spent a couple of hours listening to the DACportable so...
Working on it very soon.
I've had a lot going on in life, and don't have time to come here much. I wanted to respond that with some amps the HE-560 don't disappear as well as with others, so I partially agree.  With my Eddie Current ZDT amp they work better and sound fuller than with my CEntrance DACmini for example.   And, they work better and sound fuller, more natural and "meatier" with my RSA Lightning F-35 balanced amp if I need a portable amp, rather than my HiFi-M8 or SR-71b portable.
No, sorry.
No, I just reread my post and I did not imply that, and in my summary I said the IEM soundstage was more in head and 360 degrees than the soundstage with the speakers being in front and spread out 180 degrees. Soundstage with the speakers was typically more realistic, unless a lot of mastering trickery was done to shift the sound from left to right when it should be stationary. On the other hand, many times the ES60 sounded more detailed and transparent. I put the ES60 on...
Any comments or questions? Nobody seems amazed that a $1300 custom IEM can keep up with $30,000 speakers?