Posts by JAG87

I am so down for this one. Pavel let me know if you need help with anything.   Charlie that sucks man, hopefully CP comes through :(
 Not really, that's not how it works at all. Hermes won't lower their $20K bag because LV came out with one that is just as good for $2K.  There are plenty of people that will still buy the Hermes bag because of the status it gives them. And sadly it works pretty much the same way in the audiophile market: actual objective sound quality often comes after status, and the feeling of certainty and removal of doubt achieved only by owning the most expensive item.
 Apples and oranges really, even price wise. But I would take the W60 in a heart beat. IMO the W60/Roxanne are only bested by the LCD-X (I'm not really a fan of the LCD-3), and sound quality only because ergonomically, it is disgusting.   Can't comment on that because unfortunately I never heard the W50
 For me, the W60's bass can be described as a guilty pleasure. You wouldn't dare have more or it would start to taint the rest of the spectrum. And while less would probably be technically more correct, you would start to miss it. Dare I say, for not being user adjustable in any way, Westone got it absolutely spot on.   Any device with OI less than 3 ohms (which is pretty much any portable device nowadays) will be fine with the Primo 8 and the W60. The same can't be said...
Thumbs up my friend. Isn't it amazing that W60 produces that sound from that small, plasticky, cheap-feeling enclosure? I'm still baffled when I look at them. It's clear to me that the Roxanne has better response at extremely high frequencies, that's where the "air" and sound stage improvement comes from. But I find that the W60 is also not as peaky between 7 and 10Khz, which can sometimes be fatiguing on the Roxanne depending on the recording. but this perception could...
 And that's the beauty of it. No matter what you throw into the W60, it's just right. It's the middle way, a perfect blend of the correct amounts of everything.
 Well, it's kind of a fake "better". People always gravitate towards boosted extremes, they prefer louder, brighter, more concentrated (to a certain degree of course) until you reach the tolerable limit. That's where the JH13 is, at the tolerable limit, and that's why it's so popular. Same goes for the SE846. Slightly stronger bass, and most people use the white filters which add crispness on the other extreme. The W60 (and the Roxanne for that matter) are much more...
 You can buy a flagship car right now and next year it will be replaced by a slightly upgraded 2016 model. Does that mean the manufacturer lied when they sold you the 2015 model? Come on Mimouille, I tend to respect your posts since you are quite experienced, but you are getting silly now. If your recent ordering experience has left a sour taste in your mouth and you wouldn't do business with JHA again, then move along...   Do you want them to send out a memo to all their...
 Nope. Time to wake up and smell the ashes. Ps. mad props if you get the reference.  
 Judging by Jude's video, he could have put some higher impedance pots into the cable and slapped a titanium ring on it and voila', new sound signature! Come on people, learn to recognize when something actually warrants your money. Roxanne was a HUGE upgrade to JH13 and 16. It gave you: more drivers, a much more linear impedance curve due to quad HF drivers (so better HF extension), adjustable bass, new cables that don't randomly detach like the old 2-pin connectors, and...