Posts by dkpaul

really? no one has tried iMod and DX100?
I bought UE RM after much research (and since I liked UE TF, I knew I could trust UE). the set goes for $1k plus ear impression and tax if you live in California.   these monitors are flat (but not boring), big soundstage and very clear. After using these monitors, I developed preference of albums based on recording quality.   I have an older generation iPod with Corda Move. I like that amplified sound better than straight from the iPod. I don't think an amp is...
For portable, get a good pair of custom IEM. depending on what you get, that should cost you $1100 - $1500. get a nice small amp (I hear Pico Slim or Shadow are good) and use it with your iPod. I tried the no-amp option, but I enjoy more with an amp.
Personalizing the sound signature by turning three knobs (high, mid and low) on each channel sounds naive. UE should have come up a sound 'design' tool that involves 'graphic EQ' rather than three knobs with numbers that remind me of the old cassette counters (man! that's old school) True customization should allow adjust multiple frequencies with use-definable width of up/down changes.   Having said that... I'd still be interested in trying one. :) I recently...
I already busted out more than $1k for UE RM. I love them!!!
I discovered two interesting facts: - rechargeable 9v batteries create a heck of noise (hiss) on my iBasso D4. but not on Corda Move. - Corda Move has much forthcoming highs that hurt my ears. D4's treble is somewhat recessed, but it turns out that is easier on my ears. - I'm sitting in front of the computer all day as well. I guess I will ditch the Move after all.
hm.. that's one of the amps that I had in mind besides Shadow. how are you with the volume? the Move is too loud for RM. I barely turn the knob and it's already too loud for long listening....
I took out my old Corda Move... wow what a difference it makes. It definitely blows out the iPod-direct sound by miles. the only disadvantage is the size and weight. I'm eager to try the Shadow, but @ $400, I am not sure if I'll get that much of an improvement/convenience from a new amp.   as for the wearing the RM, I'm hitting the learning curve. at first, I was trying to push them all the way into my ears (I mean really pushing them in). but it seems like that...
Thanks. The more I hear straight from iPod, I wish I had a good amp to bring out the bass and mid....
I see. so it's definitely better than non-amp option? how's the volume? I can barely turn the volume knob on my two portable amps and it's already too loud... how far do you have to turn the knob to reach an acceptable volume level?