Posts by mattwardfh

Could be a fit issue—if one side fits a little better than the other and seals more, it can sound louder.
DragonFly 1.0 or 1.2? If it's 1.0 I agree with you, but I think the 1.2 beats the microStreamer.
I would have liked to include it, but it wasn't available in time. Sorry. I wish I could just include everything.
I forgot to mention above,that's the new 1.2 DragonFly, not the old 1.0—nit sure if we're making the same comparison. It bought the microStresmer did top the v1.0 DragonFly.Thanks for the kind words.
Thanks guys for the kind words. I put a lot of work I to it :-)Thanks! I'd pick the microStreamer over the D1 too. But both the D1 and D3 are good products. They just didn't win out in my opinion.Dragonfly 1 is $99, but I think that's just until stock runs out. Some places on Amazon still have it. The new v1.2 is $150, still a nice price drop from the original. I like both; I think the 1.2 edges past the microStreamer but the microStreamer tops the v1.0.
Hi guys. I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was working on a big review of a number of USB DACs, microStreamer included:  - Audioengine D3- Cambridge Audio DACmagic XS- HRT microStreamer- CEntrance DACport- AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2- Meridian Explorer- Arcam rPAC (not actually reviewed here, but I included it in my comparisons) Anyway, review's out; hope you guys find it...
 The review's finally out! Hope you guys find it interesting.  http://www.macworld.com/article/2089224/usb-dac-review-six-compact-components-for-upgrading-your-computer-s-audio.html Thanks again for your interest :-)
Edits completed. Should be up next Friday on Macworld and TechHive. I'll post a link here when I have one. Hope you enjoy!
 Thanks! I'll be sure to post a link when it's up. It's waiting on edits at the moment...
How do you remove it, with nail polish remover? (I had assumed that wouldn't work since the earpieces are acrylic as well.)