or Connect

Posts by DSchwartz88

Hey HeadFi,   Unfortunately, over the past week my trusty Westone 3's have developed a cable issue (right IEM is cutting in and out when the cable moves). They're about 3 years old, so i'm a bit dsiappointed they didn't last longer, but what you can do. I'm looking to replace them with an IEM in the $200-$400 range, and looking to get something close to the same signature/what I liked about the Westones. Other than the audio signature of the Westone 3's, the main reasons...
I honestly wouldn't be able to tell you. I can say that I loved the sound signature of the Mad Dogs, but I do wish it had a tiny bit more bass slam. I've heard the Mad Dog Pro is a bit like this. I haven't had a ton of exposure to a bunch of different headphone unfortunately. The other headphones i've liked in the past have been the Grade S60's, Westone 3 (IEM), and the ATH-M50. 
Yup, i've been talking to him (Dan), he's been very helpful. I'm still hoping we can figure out a solution, just trying to get a sense for what my other options are if we can't figure out a solution. 
 In terms of music I listen to a good amount of jam bands (mostly Phish), rock (Black Keys, Houndmouth), electronica (Pretty Lights, Glitch Mob, Daft Punk) and a good amount of 90s hip hop. So it's a pretty good variety. In terms of sound signatures that I like (and excuse my incorrect language): I like instrument separation (for when I listen to bands like Phish) and like tight and punchy, but not overpowering, bass (for when I listen to 90's hip hop and...
I received a new pair of Mad Dogs (with Alpha Pads) last week and have been absolutely loving the sound signature and almost everything about them. Unfortunately, unlike the previous version I had (the one with the Dog Pads) this new version leaks sound like crazy, which makes these un-useable in my quiet office environment. I'm pretty disappointed as I absolutely love the sound signature of these, and how wide open they feel compared to other headphones in the price...
Is this something that happened with the addition of the Alpha Pads? Some other sonic changes that happened with the 3.2s? All I know is this didn't happen with my old Mad Dogs w/ Dog Pads. 
I just got the new Mad Dogs (I had the old 3.0 version with Dog Pads) and while I love the sound am running into an issue with sound leakage. My old Mad Dogs didn't leak any sound, while the new version is leaking enough sound such that co-workers 4-5 feet away can pick out the exact song i'm listening to. Looking at every review of the new Mad Dogs w/ Alpha Pads it seems that sound leakage should be extremely minimal. Did I receive a defective pair? I've already reached...
Just wanted to report back. I finally got my Magni 2 Uber in on Friday, but couldn't start playing with it until Saturday night because of a missing RCA cable. With a grounded setup (e.g. my Macbook Pro was plugged into the wall charger with the long cord + ground pin) there is absolutely no hum when touching volume pot or top case. This won't be my final setup, the final setup will be connect by USB into a Thunderbolt Display, which is also connected with a grounded...
 Hey Jason, Appreciate you coming in here and clearing up what's happening. From a tactical perspective, does the hum only occur when the unit is ungrounded (because none of the devices in the chain are grounded), or will it occur all the time? Regardless, I agree, this feels like a very small issue, just want to be ready to fix it, if all it takes is grounding one of the items in my audio chain (e.g. Magni 2 Uber is hooked up to an ODAC, which is in turn hooked up to a...
 I'm a bit confused here, and I actually know electronics (more on the digital side) a bit. Looking at the wall-wart for the Magni 2 Uber, it doesn't seem like it can be grounded, theres no ground pin. If that's the case, where is the ground for the Magni 2 Uber coming from? For instance, I have an ODAC going into my computer via USB cable, theres no ground on that either, am I going to experience this hum as well?