Posts by DavidMahler

That is heavy! Though for me grip is always more the comfort issue than heaviness. haha put the alert before the joke next time :) I quoted MH below because I agree with his assessment.  It's spot on.  The difference is not nearly as noticeable as the 32ohm versus the 250 ohm.  There is a bit more treble-unnaturalness, but it may be worth the trade off if your amp is not suited for the 600 ohms. I agree with this Hahaha!!! That made me laugh!  Thanks Jonathan! I'm glad...
Hey there Largo, since we have been conversing via PM I won't respond to this here, but I wanted you to know I saw your inquiry. :) I believe I heard the K601 years ago and I haven't heard the K612.  I don't really know for certain how it compares.  I think the real attraction with the DT660 is that because of its closed nature (and decent isolating grip) it offers a distinct advantage over many other headphones for the classical listener. Hmm, that's a great question.  I...
Wonderful post Joel!!!  Fantastic work, and I really appreciate the effort! Interesting to note that the LCD-3 wins grand prize as heaviest headphone in my collection.  Makes a lot of sense:)
perhaps! Thank you:) I think for $350 they're a better value, but I still would take the Westone 4 over all.  It remains my favorite universal I've tried. I have been in the works of adding the HE60s to my review for some time now.  I've been so busy with other avenues of my life that I keep neglecting to have it included.  I also have a Hifiman addition in the works.  I haven't yet considered the TH600, but its an interesting concept. I once almost pulled the trigger on...
A lot of people have asked for me to include the Paradox and Mad Dog.  I have been eyeing Alpha Dog, but I don't know that I will include it as I am hopefully going to wrap up this thread (and my wallet) shortly.   What I was thinking of doing is creating an offshoot thread which will be a counterpart to this one, where I will right brief impressions on headphones that I audition at meets and such.
I don't believe that I have heard the K550 so I can't comment on this, but I think based on what I've read that they are in a similar class though different sounding.
I may opt for the DT660 going portably because of the isolation! :)
The LCD-2 Rev. 1 is still a wonderful headphone:)   Thanks!! I haven't seen others quote me verbatim, but thanks for noticing if they have:)  I like the TH-900 a lot.  I didn't view my ranking as a poor one, though I can understand based on the pricepoint, it can be viewed as such.   Thanks!! Yes, maybe I should reform my value rating.  I will consider this!:) That's an interesting point to take away.  I will be reforming some of the review on the HE-6, now owning the...
Hopefully i will get to everyones questions in the past few days:)...     I probably won't be adding this to the evaluation, but i would consider it. At this point I would probably need to sell off gear to fit new gear.  I am out space and close to out of $ :) The Momentums and HE400 are such different headphones.  The Momentums are a travel partner and sound great (IMO) for casual smart phone listening.  When I was sent a demo pair from Sennheiser I was really impressed...
It's very good for classical I think the HD800 are in a different league, but the DT660 is a great choice for closed!