Posts by DavidMahler

Unfortunately, I don't any longer have 5000 to spend on a headphone unless I sell one of my pairs
I fell behind this weekend, so if I missed a direct question to me, please feel free to email me.  I am trying to be light on the hands (as I recuperate from an injury) so I haven't addressed everything.....   My tinnitus still persists slightly, but has gotten much better and I have the reassurance that my hearing remains completely intact (better than 95% of 30 year olds according to one audiologist I visited)   Thank you:) 15 years is quite a long time, I'm sorry to...
Wow I really fell behind with this thread. When I get home to it, I'll respond:)
I've been to 2 ENTs, but it seems ENTs don't really have a solution at all for tinnitus.  I tried acupuncture for two sessions. The first time it actually helped and the second time not only made it worse, but it seems to have screwed with my hands and I've been in terrible pain in my hands for just about a week now.  It's why I'm hardly typing here..... I'm just waiting this out, but its really horrible for me. :) From the sheer perspective of build quality, the T1 is...
:) You're welcome. I'm glad the DT660 has gained some momentum. It's a very good headphone for what it is and its one of the headphones I use most because I don't mind falling asleep with it in bed.... :) haha Both these guys, amongst others have been immensely helpful and inspirational to me.  Skylab in particular was one of the very first posters whose reviews I read in full...Contacted him back in 2007 when I joined.  Great guy!   I've been taking gingko biloba, but no...
Thanks:) Hopefully it will be done soon enough but feel free to share your experience here too!  I really enjoy the HE60   This is true, and its a real downer, but maybe with time it will get better. Thanks!! Thanks Jonathan:) I do use earplugs quite a bit.  Started using them religiously at gigs and concerts religiously about age 25.  One time I intentionally took them out because I was on camera and that wasn't of the best ideas I've ever had..... This new tinnitus is...
It doesn't mean that! :)     The onset happened when I was too close to someone setting off fireworks about a month ago.  But I can still use headphones and as I mentioned, my hearing is still very good according the audiograms I took this week.
Hey everyone!! Took a break from head-fi for a few days as I had gotten quite sick in addition to the tinnitus (totally unrelated though) Anyway... I thought I would share some of my journey thus far in addressing the tinnitus as it may help some.  I visited an ENT/audiologist early in the week and they were really unhelpful.  They did an audiogram up to 8Khz which showed that my hearing was excellent.  I was informed that if my tinnitus had resulted from a loud blast...
Thanks for the support guys! It's been maddening as it seems to have been accompanied by hyperacusis (sensitivity to sound) especially in my left ear.  But I have some slight reassurance because my audiogram was basically perfect.  I'm just going to wait it out.  But not getting to listen to music really at all, has been maddening all its own...and with no definitive conclusion, I of course am worried. But we'll see how it goes.... In the meantime, the only way I feel...
Right now I have been dealing with an event out of left field, which has caused me to take a break from headphone listening for a time.   A few weeks ago, I attended a memorial day festival and it just so happens that there was a person there who brought fireworks.  Typically I have worn earplugs in places where I fear my hearing could be compromised, but on this day there was no loud music so I did not use them.  Well.....on this day, I happened to get a nasty blast...