Posts by DavidMahler

:) I will let you know.  I'm presently backlogged. But maybe it will be faster now that my hands and ears are more manageable.   Thank you:) I'm starting to feel a lot better in the hands....ergonomic keyboards galore :)
LOL it was getting better, and then i tried an electronic hand massager and it made it MUCH worse.   You're welcome! :) thanks as well
There's been a lot of discussion about the Maddogs but to this day I haven't heard them.  I do know that they leave quite an impression on many, so I can only say they must have their merits:)  The Paradox equal-as-much.
I don't think you should worry much about that these days, they've reformed the design in an attempt to alleviate the cause of cracking, but even if it does, the manufacturer is good to replace them models that crack:)
I've been here, I just have been resting my hands from typing:) I haven't heard that system, but if I get the chance at the next meet which it appears, I'd be happy to post some impressions.
True, in the very late 80s and early 90s there was an aura in the comparatively small but budding headphone enthusiast market.  Models like the MDR-R10, K1000, SR-Omega, HP1000 and Orpheus were all built as demonstration products to showcase what each manufacturer was capable of doing.  Although the almighty dollar always plays a role, I believe the industry was different then because there was such a small audience.  Despite the enormous (car-equivalent) pricetags of...
It really does:)  thanks! Yeah, the Qualia would definitely be the one I'd get rid of first (but who would buy it from me now and I wouldn't want to take a loss...the supplemental headband alone cost me 680 bucks) HA! I need a better living space first:) Regarding the Abyss, there's always going to be flagships and if money and time permits, I'll update the article from time to time. :)  I know in 10 years there will be brilliant flagships which will totally devalue this...
I meant to share this with you all yesterday, in honor of Mahler's birthday (which was in fact yesterday).  Because of the tinnitus, I've not been able to listen to music as much.  I started painting.....and specifically, I've been painting my favorite musicians as a way to keep with the music while giving my ears a rest.  It's been helpful for me too as a way of sticking with music. Since my user name is DavidMahler, I thought this was a fitting inclusion...
Haha :)
Unfortunately, I don't any longer have 5000 to spend on a headphone unless I sell one of my pairs