Posts by DavidMahler

Yes, to be honest, I've finished quite a few reviews but I have been having difficulty coding the HTML file.  I have another hifiman on the way too.  I need to figure out an easier way to move things around.  The way I initially laid it out has not been so conducive to change.
Sound signature is what I meant. That's a good question. I think it may be a little light on impact.  The TH900 seem to fit the bill with rock more based on my limited listening time. Possibly, though I can't yet make that assessment without hearing them back to back in a quiet environment.  At non-quiet meets, open back headphones fare terribly for me. I can't yet define which is better between the Alpha Dog or HE-500.  It was only for a few minutes that I had the...
I was able to attend the NY meet briefly yesterday.  I didn't get to spend much time, but my impression of the Alpha Dog was that it was incredible for the price.  I would like to one day include it in the review.  It was very R10-like.
i MAY come, but I won't be able to stay too long :(  Would like to see you all though!
I would definitely like to hear the W1000X especially. I will probably listen to them at meets soon, but I don't know if I'm going to add them to the review at this time. It's certainly a great one, and a top value in my opinion. Thanks! I appreciate it:) But I really don't mind the requests, it doesn't offend, but I won't be able to go much further without selling off some gear (which probably will happen at some point soon) Probably not, but I've been eyeing the K812.  I...
Me too!! haha Well, thank you for this:)  Although I don't mind being asked.  I just probably can't supply much further :( The time I've spent with my headphone rig has become less and less as I've gotten myself into a more active routine and I've been performing quite a bit again.  The money is also another issue.  I will be adding a few more pieces here as I've already gotten more gear, but after that I will likely announce that the thread is closed.  If Stax or...
Thanks! Based on your experience the HD800 may not be the right choice for you as you already are concerned.  Although it is worth mentioning that the HD700 are certainly more awkward in the sibilance region.  The HD500 may be a good fit for you. :) Thanks! :) We'll see.... but I can't promise any new additions these days.  :) Regarding the Westone 4R, it is sonically identical to the Westone 4 but offers a detachable cable. I heard the Apex Peak at a meet briefly and was...
It shouldn't shift sides unless a few things are happening (and it should never shift dramatically): 1) the performer may be moving and/or swaying and this slight movement could be magnified in a recording 2) it would be hard to imagine that the microphones used were badly matched, but if it was recorded with different microphones certain frequencies could be picked up in different channels (very hard to imagine this happening to a degree that is audible to ear) 3) certain...
I really do wish it was.  But unfortunately no.  When I hear it at a meet I will post impressions.
I promise its in the works.  There's a lot of projects I am working on simultaneously, but its coming.... :)