Posts by ADD

I should add that I have just received just now a communication directly from Audioquest in the US (I wrote a very detailed complaint and sent it to them two days ago, complaining not only about the cable quality but also about the dealer). Hopefully they will be able to sort the problem out their end and I will not have to fight this out with the original selling dealer.
Yes, I admit I am fussy but having read these forums for quite a few years now, I see that a lot of you are really no different to me. If you are buying better quality equipment you expect a high level of build quality. Me too. I won't go as far as some of you and try to return a pair of headphones because the cable insulation got a little squashed by the cable ties in the packaging  but nevertheless, I expect anything I buy to be built and packaged with care, particularly...
I have owned a Rega Apollo-R CD player for the best part of a year and am very happy with the sound of it. So much so that I really have no need for anything better for CD playback and would happily listen to it for the rest of my life were it to last that long.What I am not happy about, however, is the policy that Rega adopt of refusing to sell parts to owners of their products. For example, the laser assembly on this model is completely self-contained including servo....
Hi,   I have placed the Grado RS1i and RS2i on my shortlist as a replacement for my Sennheiser PXC300 headphones for classical music, since I like a clear, bright and sparkly sound for classical and it looks like these Grados may deliver in that respect.   I hav, however, health issues that make headphones difficult to wear long term and thus I may not be able to determine long term comfort prospects from an audition in a shop. Apart from neck problems (which...
Thanks.
Hi,   I was wondering if someone who owns the HD700 (or has studied one in detail) can advise me on how the headband design works please? I was specifically wondering if it uses the same sort of design as the much older HD600 and HD650 (wide, thin, strong black metal spring) or whether it uses the approach that I have seen in headphones such as the HD555 (which used a more flexible plastic composite type of band reinforcement - at least where the band expands and is...
Excellent. Thank you. Looking at that, I don't think it would be very hard at all to get better sound with a DIY approach.
Does anyone know what type and quality resistors are used in the ER4S or the adapter cable for the ER4S/PT? The reason I ask is that I am contemplating getting the ER4PT, cutting off the 3.5mm plug and soldering my own 1/4" plug complete with the resistors (which I assume are simply in series for each of the channels). I can't helping thinking that by doing it myself, I will get a better connection to the amplifier's 1/4" stereo jack, since I would likely be using a...
Hi,   I have some questions about these if I may. I need to go to a very lightweight headphone based system because I suffer from worsening long term chronic pain that does not at all appreciate the weight of any full sized headphone on my head (well, not for the duration of a typical symphony at any rate).   I would like to know how good are these particular Stax models for clasical music please? I find that many headphones really struggle with classical and...
It has been a while since I heard the HD650 but I feel it might not be the best combination because both the amplifier and the headphones have a similar character in some respects. I think the XCan V8 would be more suited to more neutral headphones such as HD600 or even brighter, clearer sounding ones like Grado, etc. That said, maybe a tube like Telefunken might make for a more balanced combination with the HD650, but that would mean acquiring the XCan V8 at a...