or Connect

Posts by ADD

Having suffered neck problems for 20 years I got to a point a few months ago where I could no longer use "proper" full sized headphones (though I still regularly use my PXC300 for working at my computer so very lightweight supra-aurals are still OK). So I undertook an extensive search for a good IEM. I finally chose the IE800 and after 6 weeks of ownership I remain incredibly impressed. Sound-wise I could go as far as to say it is beyond any significant criticism and that...
For sale is my classic Headphile headphone stand made in September 2010. It is signed underneath together with a blue-embossed authenticity sticker. I am only selling this because I have bought the new taller model that Larry makes for larger headphones such as the Audeze line.   This stand has been very well kept and has no damage, nicks, dents or scratches anywhere. There is a tiny bit of wear where the varnish has worn off the right hand side of front, round wooden...
Now sold. Thank you.
Now sold. Thank you.
Hi,   Has any owner / user of the Aurix been able to compare it with either the Musical Fidelity M1 headphone amplifier or the Sennheiser HV800 headphone amplifier? I currently own the M1 and it has served me well for the last two years, however with various other unrelated upgrades over that time, I now see that it is the relatively weak link in the chain so to speak. I heard the HV800 last year and it was a noticeable step up in performance from the M1, but I guess it...
 Yes, the mouse draws power from the USB only but I am not sure that it matters  if it does draw power or doesn't (at least in my case). The reason is that I also tried it on a different USB port - the USB port I am using for an externally-powered hard drive - and the result was exactly the same as using it in the mouse USB port. So in my case it did not matter if the device connected to the port is self-powered or not. The only reason I actually picked the mouse port for...
I bought a Jitterbug yesterday on a whim. I thought even at $79 here in Australia, I wouldn't be jumping out of a window if it made no difference. Furthermore, I don't use a USB DAC and I had planned to simply stick the thing in - of all places - the USB port I use for my mouse on my PC! So not in any audio or "data" path at all!   After installing it inline with the mouse USB port - and doing absolutely nothing else, I was still expecting it to make absolutely no...
 My impressions of the TH600 and TH900 are almost identical to yours. I spent several hours comparing both before going for the TH600. Yes, I could hear the improvement in the TH900 - slightly airier, slightly smoother more extended top end, slightly better imaging but in the end these improvements were subtle and not easily noticeable except in a direct A/B comparison. This was using classical music exclusively during the audition. I then figured that for a subjective 5%...
Having read through this thread it strikes me that this is definitely one headphone that one needs to audition with their ears in "neutral". Possibly the best way to do this is to avoid listening to any other headphones or indeed critically to any music at all for at least a few days before trying these.