Posts by dreamwhisper

I've been thinking a lot about the HD650 and W5000, and they seem like similar cans in they share a romantic aspect. The sense of refinement on W5000 is probably higher than W3000, but overall the W3000 are a more balanced and enjoyable listen. I think the W5000 is something special, and I never got a chance to hear it with a nice tube amp. It might be worth another audition since I like the Audio-Technica house sound. If you're not familiar with or don't like the...
They're not my only headphone, so no I don't expect them to do everything themselves. (that's the 02's job)   And no, they're not perfect, but I haven't heard any other headphones that can do what they do.
Serial #1406 here. I'm using a budget solid state amp with them now.   There's something to be said for having to go through your collection and listen to entirely new genres, that you kind of glossed over before. I never took the time to listen to Cake songs, or the Ramones, even though I was aware they were in my collection. Alternative rock is amazing now, I can't get enough of it. And I only used to listen to jazz and EDM before. My genre preferences have been...
Even if a headphone was perfect, it could still have a different presentation from other headphones (fast vs slow). It could be an intense sounding headphone that would make genres like reggae or country seem a bit bizarre to listen to. So if the presentation of the headphone matches your listening habits at the time, you've found the best price to performance for you at that time.   Which is why it's wise to narrow down your listening taste down to a few genres that...
I bought my first pair from Craig at Kuboten. This pair I bought locally about an 8 hour drive away. I had an uncle go listen to them locally to them to make sure they were in good condition.Most people baby them so you shouldn't have that many problems.The worst you'll see is some wear/dust on the headband , maybe some compressed ear cushions, both replaceable. They are very discerning of DAC's though. I think it's harder to find a good DAC than it is to find the...
Ya with more expensive headphones you need to upgrade other components. And it comes down to whether you want to spend money on other components or not. So 1000$ headphones then some. I think it's worth hearing 1000$ headphones but not necessarily owning them. Some headphones at that level changed me forever, like W5000, Omega 2.
I'll just leave this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4gd49nLqZY This guy is one of the best reviewers out there.
Sonic Frontiers SFD2 mk3 goes for around 2-2.5k.   also in that playing field is the Sonic Frontiers SFD2 mk2 which can be had for 1200 or so. Anyways, do some research on those, they sound scary good.
I second the AD2000, or an AD900. Why switch headphone manufacturers? You might end up buying some **** you don't like and have to get a  amp too that you don't need.
^wasnt that FOTM years ago? why not listen to them first then nominate them zzzz