or Connect

Posts by RTF

Thanks ss, yeah I'm liking this amp more and more. Balanced is the best word I can think of, bass is just right and all the details are there. I've heard my HD600s through a M^3, WA3, Amphora,  and a HA-160, and I like Gilmore the best, hopefully I'll stick with this amp for awhile, unless of course I upgrade to a GS-1 heh.  
My HeadAmp Pico DAC has paired well with everything I've tried it with, including a HA-160.  It also has two outputs in case your amp doesn't have a loop output. Sometimes they're on sale for $250.
I just received a Gilmore Liite with the DPS that I got in the FS forum, listening to it right now. It's definitely the most detailed amp I've heard. Overall it sounds very balanced with my HD600s, I had read a few times that it could be a tad bright or fatiguing in the treble but I'm not finding that to be the case. Its revealing without being harsh in any way I'd say.  I'm pretty happy with it so far, we'll see how it handles some LCD-2s I have on the way.
How would you compare the amps? I'm looking to get a Stax rig and was looking at the 323s.  
For sale is a 1.5ft ALO Audio SXC Cryo 3 Wire IC. I bought these new from ALO Audio about 1 month ago and no longer need them. They go for $210 new, asking $110 shipped and paypaled. More feedback. Thanks for looking.
So if I'm understanding you Shamu, a low output imedance, of say less than 1 ohm, would cause clipping with the DT48a? What would be the 'effect' on the frequency response? Thanks
Up for sale is a Whiplash Audio TWag upgrade cable for HD6X0, HD580. I bought this new from Whiplash and only has a few hours on it. Specs on the cable are: 6ft, TWag wire, Cryoparts carbon fiber 1/4in plug. I bought this for some hd650's, but am going back to hd600's and don't plan on going silver so I'm selling this cable. A cable with these specs retails for $320 at Whiplash Audio. Asking $240 shipped and paypaled. More feedback. Thanks for looking.
Like new in box, HD650 + Whiplash Audio TWag upgrade cable. I bought both the phones and cable new from Whiplash a couple of weeks ago, both only have a few hours on them. Specs on cable: 6ft, TWag wire, Cryoparts carbon fiber 1/4in plug, the cable retails for $320 at whiplash. The cable is great I'm just not into the hd650's and don't plan on going silver if I go back to hd600's so I'm selling both as a package.    Asking $525 shipped and paypaled.  More feedback....
Sorry if this has been covered, but how does one decide which DAC, ASRC, and opamps should be installed? Do all these options contribute to a different SS? Is there a general consensus on which sounds 'best'?  Thanks much.
Looks cool, I'll give it a try. I actually haven't heard the Tortoise/Bonny Prince Billy collaboration though I have Tortoises other collaboration album, Tortoise and the Ex.