Posts by RTF

Up for sale is a Whiplash Audio TWag upgrade cable for HD6X0, HD580. I bought this new from Whiplash and only has a few hours on it. Specs on the cable are: 6ft, TWag wire, Cryoparts carbon fiber 1/4in plug. I bought this for some hd650's, but am going back to hd600's and don't plan on going silver so I'm selling this cable. A cable with these specs retails for $320 at Whiplash Audio. Asking $240 shipped and paypaled. More feedback. Thanks for looking.
Like new in box, HD650 + Whiplash Audio TWag upgrade cable. I bought both the phones and cable new from Whiplash a couple of weeks ago, both only have a few hours on them. Specs on cable: 6ft, TWag wire, Cryoparts carbon fiber 1/4in plug, the cable retails for $320 at whiplash. The cable is great I'm just not into the hd650's and don't plan on going silver if I go back to hd600's so I'm selling both as a package.    Asking $525 shipped and paypaled.  More feedback....
Sorry if this has been covered, but how does one decide which DAC, ASRC, and opamps should be installed? Do all these options contribute to a different SS? Is there a general consensus on which sounds 'best'?  Thanks much.
Looks cool, I'll give it a try. I actually haven't heard the Tortoise/Bonny Prince Billy collaboration though I have Tortoises other collaboration album, Tortoise and the Ex.
Thanks for the recommendation, enjoying it quite a bit.  
Up for sale is a pair of Sennheiser HD600's. Well cared for. Some dust/wear on the earpads. Comes with the stock cable, not the Cablepro cable pictured. Asking $130 shipped and paypaled, paypal only. Priced for a quick sale. Thanks for looking, my feedback
Up for sale is pair of Ultrasone Pro 650's.  Very light use, well cared for. Comes in original box with all cables and adapters. Asking $110 shipped and paypaled, paypal only. Thanks for looking. My feedback
Up for sale is an ALO Amphora in mint condition. I bought it recently off a fellow headfier but it isn't quite what I'm looking for. Comes with the original manual, charger, spare battery and leather box. Battery holds a charge perfectly fine.  Asking sold shipped and paypaled.   Shipping to the conUS only. My Feedback. Thanks for looking.
This is the first time I've made  a thread like this.  I'm in the market for an amp to compliment my rather neutral Amphora(which I really like) and am having trouble deciding which to get.  My main prerequisite is that it be musical, powerful, and full sounding. I've read lots of impressions but I thought a thread like this would be fun. Max budget is $1500. I listen mostly to post rock, and some jazz, classical, metal, prog.   My main cans are HD600's, though I...
Pardon my ignorance but what does Wasapi do? Improve sq? I have it on my foobar player but have never tried  it because I don't know its purpose. I read a technical explanation of it but it didn't answer too much for me.