Posts by Chris_Himself

You're playing with fire there bud...  LCD-3 is LCD-2 with like 10% more energy and more clear and concise midrange. Some people feel it's worth it. I don't argue with those people. LCD-X I haven't heard and quite honestly I just can't afford to buy it right now. The LCD series is a very engaging, lush, full bodied sound. It is not exactly what most experienced audiophiles would consider a classic reference sound. It basically is a cozy signature, with near infinite power...
 Follow your dreams man Two words: Starquad. Stapler. Third word:fail
You can't lego and play with their sound signature as much and they have somewhat of a hearty cost to step into them, even their entry rig is fairly expensive IMO. What you get is what you get more or less unless you buy a rather expensive boutique amp for them.
Should be hard-wired just like TH900
 They both kinda go bright when paired with either an amp with not enough current, or a DAC which sounds a little cold/bright.  Gungnir is a little bright as a DAC, which is odd considering I didn't think DAC's imparted anything tonal, but yeah I don't mind it and I sorta welcome it. I love mah trebs! Audeze is really good, Hifiman HE-500 is becoming super popular these days since it's like near half the price and they were reviewed side by side with each other at debut.
 It happens. I actually like the thin-ness combined with the treble coloration though.   Buying headphones is never a bad idea my friend.
 Man imagine if you were playing certain videos on the internet when that happened
The RSA Hornet/SR71/Tomahawk is a great toy with these, not necessary but the warmth of the RSA signature is always welcome and can kind of massage the sparkly treble.
 Gungnir bright, not the Mjolnir. Thats why people are trying the Teac if they don't like the Gungnir. I own it with HD800 and I like the brightness but I do know what you are talking about. But yeah spending money on headphones isn't ever a bad idea mate.
 I just do it on the fly man. It's just a set of resistors that go on and off. It's the same as adjusting the volume knob instantly honestly.