Posts by majkel

Hi, I am selling the RudiStor RPX-33 headphone amplifier. It's the all black finish piece. Visual condition is very good and functionality as well. It needs 220 to 240V AC supply voltage or a step up transformer to provide such supply voltage in countries with 100-127V grid. The amp has been much respected due to dual mono construction and no feedback class A design. There is a lot of impressions on Head-Fi to read about the RudiStor RPX-33. I will ship worldwide and...
The amp is in like new condition and contains the latest circuit revision. There is an all black Neutrik jack socket instead of chrome finished like in pictures here. Regarding sound - see the most up-to-date review here. Shipping worldwide. Payment via PayPal or bank transfer. Local pick-up possible with cash payment. This is a 220-230V version with 3-pin IEC power cord input (not included).
Gone via ebay.
I am selling Ultrasone Edition 10 headphones serial no. 627 in good shape and 100% functional. They are terminated with the Amphenol TS3PBM-AU jack but this one can be replaced for something else for instance used Furutech FP-704 which I have in stock. Parts made of leather have become darker due to regular use but the surfaces have no wear-out signs. Original box, wooden case and headphone stand included. There is a sales invoice dated March 24, 2011 so these are 3 years...
Could different ear cup position explain variation in CSD graphs, especially in the time domain?http://en.goldenears.net/22602http://en.goldenears.net/4326Besides the measurements, the new (say above 12k serial #) HD800 sound different than those with numbers up to 5000 or more. The new ones sound darker and have no "smell of the dead" in their sound presentation. Sorry for not finding a better word but actually I distinguish the new and old ones by presence of this effect...
I compared the K812 to the PS1000 directly a couple of times. Once these were similar headphones with different imaging and slightly different tonal balance - the K812 were more even. Another time the PS1000 seemed to sound drier so I decided to mod them. This made them sound closer to the Sony R10 - more nuances on the midrange and softer treble. Overall, I prefer the PS1000 to the K812. This is actually intresting but I realised that the K812 have lowered tonality in the...
I've heard such combination and they match very well to each other. Overall, the TH900 is a bit darker headphone than the R10 with stronger bass presence.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/702554/review-sonic-pearl-amplifier-from-earstream-geusts-black-pearl-and-spl-phonitor-mk1
Well. it's all about your acceptance of sound with no damping factor applied to the transducer. You gain a couple of dB in mid-bass where the transducer resonates and no voltage control of the transducer's behavior. Some people like this kind of presentation. For instance the Beyerdynamic T1 sounds thick and dark from the HPA-21. I find it false and flavored presentation overall and I'd rather choose a different headphone and drive it from an amplifier with low output...
Re-adjusted price.