Posts by eightbitpotion

You're right, and I was wrong! I didn't know that got changed in win7; XP's cap included the vram, but not 7. Thanks for keeping me in check.
 Awesome, I like it better.  A little bit cleaner imo.
  What do you mean "Hiccups"?  Are you saying it stutters?  You probably just need to increase your buffer size in foobar if it's stuttering, because it's defaulted to like 1000ms if I remember right, and that shouldn't be a universal number as every system is different.  System specs have little to do with actual playback.... technically that's not true, but a Pentium 3 on a gig of ram can play FLAC the same as your or my setup.  I will say that I hate Xonar, and everyone...
I just tried the various configurations again.  DH-2 and DH-1 are EXTREMELY close, while DH-3 is extremely different.  I re-enabled Electri-Q, and I won't take that off again.  I'm not sure what the parameters are for Electri-Q, but some songs aren't affected by it, while others are DRAMATICALLY affected by it in a good way.  One thing I noticed between DH-2 and DH-1 are that DH-2 seems to create some subtle reverb around the hi-hats range while DH-1 doesn't, and I do hear...
 1. I'm personally using DH1.  I don't like screwing with the original recording, and refuse to use EQ or anything of that nature.  DH3 adds too much air, and recesses everything under the mids, which I don't like at all.  DH1 gives you a reference profile while still maintaining the integrity of the recording.  I also disabled Electri-Q as I didn't like how it messed with stuff, but that's more of a preference thing, and I don't think it made things better or worse. ...
Just an update. Since the first cable I decided to tweak it a lot, and went with a solid copper. This was the result. Highly recommend this.... I spent an hour going back and fourth between the OEM cable and this one, and this sounds better in every single area. Best of all they just sound more refined now. Plus it looks much cooler .
Hey guys, I had a really hard time finding this stuff, and finally stumbled across it.  So I wanted to host it for anyone that wants it.  The credit goes to RPGWiZaRD here on Head-Fi, but the hosted files were removed for some reason.  Anyway, this is a great config, and as someone that avoids EQs, plugins, and various other gimmicky methods to make your music sound better, I wouldn't listen to my collection without this.   Foobar w/ Dolby Preconfiguration   Also, all...
Well I always make a test-run with cat-5 wire to verify proper geometry.  I just used inexpensive termination (infact, the 2.5mm is from ratshack).  My final cable will probably be silver with high-end connectors, but if you're just wanting to try it to see how it sounds, then it should only cost under $10.   The trick is you have to re-machine the phono connector to slim it down.  I've done three of them so far, and can confirm that this is absolutely the easiest,...
Wait, do you mean between the thinner silver and the thicker copper?  If that's the case I'll get the silver to have a thinner and more flexible cable.
I've made hundreds of cables, hosted double-blind tests with non-audiophiles, and simply have done a lot of cables (I know some of you have done a lot more).  For one of those parties I made various cables from the same spool of wire.....but in many different geometries (from litz to french to twist to cobra....etc).  As of right this second, I know that geometry changes the sound (a lot), but not technically for the better...just different.  I've noticed a lot of high-end...