Posts by fufula

USB headphones come with their own sound cards. Good for LAN, where you can just plug them in and expect to get the exact same sound you get at home without having to open up the case or install anything. Waste of time for anything else.
Very good, sir. It always bothered me that EQing to make the most sibilant albums not cause my ears to bleed muddied the sound and reduced the size of the soundstage to that of a matchbox, especially in the case of less sibilant ones, so I just sticked to very minimal EQing and stopped listening to badly produced music. Will definitely give this a try.
I'm having some trouble playing back at 24-bits using uLilith with ASIO. The music plays at 3x its normal speed when 24-bit sampling is selected in ASIO control panel, though it works fine at 16, 32-bits. It also works properly at every available bit-depth when using WASAPI. Are there any downsides to using 32-bit sampling with this card? I haven't really noticed any, I'm just curious.
By definition, it should be. I'm not sure what the situation regarding buying mainstream music in lossless formats is nowadays, but ~2 years ago it used to be that it was easier to buy "underground" type stuff that most people never heard of in several lossy and lossless formats than whatever song you might've heard on the radio. And, to clarify, I was talking about lossless digital formats - everybody still sells CDs, I think...
Quote: Originally Posted by MarquetSkware  Unfortunately, everything downloadable is lossy. This has been a pet peeve of mine ever since iTunes came on the scene. MP3s were fun when the whole downloading thing came along.   Not true. I buy music in digital formats most of the time and I always get it in FLAC/wave (there were numerous threads on where to get lossless music). I guess it largely depends on what type of music you're interested in, indie artists...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cpt5lImjIm  I've had that same concern. A lot of my music was ripped at level 8 FLAC, of there is no quality increase do you guys recommend putting it to level 5? I can rerip everything. Nothing is lost during compression, the file is decompressed on the fly and delivered to your ears at its original, uncompressed bit rate. The higher the compression rate, the longer it takes to open the file, although with the current hardware it...
Changing opamps doesn't fix the issue. I've tried several different configurations and I'm currently using LME49860s in I/V.
I'm personally using Opera because of its high out-of-the-box functionality, configurability, and responsiveness. There is no 100% secure browser or system, but the most popular ones usually get targetted more frequently than others for obvious reasons. My advice is to try the main alternatives, namely Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and see which one you like best. None of them will be more secure than the other two in the long run, but you needn't worry about any of them being...
foobar2000 stays at around 7-8% on my i3 @ 3.2GHz with two VST plugins (one of them very CPU hungry) during playback of highly compressed FLACs. uLilith uses around 6-7% with the same settings and RAM playback. They both drop to less than 1% without the VSTs running. I never get any stutter or drop outs.   I would definitely recommend switching to another browser, not only because of the stutter, then, if the issue persists, reading up on the DPC latency checker and...
  These would be my guesses: - corrupted files because of some hard drive errors - even though it didn't display any error messages, foobar might've crashed on exit corrupting your playlist files as a result, which now cause foobar to crash - if you updated your plugins through the components page in the preferences, the newer versions could be conflicting with your version of foobar - some anti-malware type of program auto-updated itself and is now conflicting...