New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by fufula

Working as intended. WASAPI and ASIO are expected to bypass Crystallizer, CMSS3D and all the other stuff that "enhances" sound. It seems to me like something wasn't working right before. If you want to keep those running, you have to use DS.
From what I've read, it seems like this is a W7 issue, so going back to Windows XP would probably fix the problem as well. Other than that and (possibly) custom drivers, I don't think that there is a solution.   I haven't had it happen since I installed the Auzentech drivers I modded myself (UNi Xonar ones don't help unfortunately,) so almost a month without any ringing noise and heart palpitations. I hope it stays this way...
That's just what the default analog output for whatever sound card you use is called in Windows 7.   You can right click the speaker icon in the tray, go into playback devices, double click Speakers (or right click and choose properties) and rename it to whatever you like.
Sounds like it's most likely interference from the network card picked up by the onboard sound card. You can try updating drivers for all your hardware, though I don't think that this or anything else short of buying a dedicated internal or external sound card is going to solve the problem.
Nothing else is powered by the cable attached to my ST. I just modded and installed the Auzentech drivers, so far so good.   edit:   Some of you might find it interesting that the newest driver version available from Auzentech is; the one from ASUS is ASIO seems to be the same version (   The driver comes with the default C-Media Oxygen HD Audio control panel which seems to offer the same kind of options the one from ASUS...
It's unlikely that this has anything to do with your headphones. It's probably your sound card picking up some interference from one of the other internal components.
Are you still using Windows XP or is there a reason why you choose to output through ASIO4ALL over WASAPI?
And again. I was just browsing the web using Opera, clicked some button on an HTML5 website, no sounds were being played by anything on the computer... I had uLilith (ASIO) idling in the background, the noise went away as soon as I clicked play.
I don't think it's got anything to do with ASIO or WASAPI. It never happened when an application held exclusive access to the card, either through ASIO or WASAPI, at least in my case. holden4th might be onto something here. I'm pretty sure that the problems started when I switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 x64.   I've recently rolled back to an older driver version and haven't experienced any noises in a while now (crosses fingers). I'm using the UNi Xonar 1793...
Quote: Originally Posted by anddy78  I'm using no adaptors, just bend and cut the pins! And you don't really need the "shielding" either. Doesn't do anything.
New Posts  All Forums: