Posts by fufula

Auzentech driver does NOT resolve the issue. I've had it happen with the modded drivers installed. And neither does the Unified Xonar driver btw.   I wonder if it ever happens with cards that use the same chip from different manufacturers or if it's just an ASUS issue.
I'd be interested in hearing your opinions when you're done testing.   I'm guessing the timer driven mode is somehow more desirable. Another question for someone knowledgeable enough to answer, how does the latency setting tie into this? Lower = better or is it a little more complex?
I was a little behind on the updates. I see there's a new option in the device settings when outputting through WASAPI: Event driven / Timer driven. What's the difference between these two?
Thanks. Here goes:       Power supply: Corsair CMPSU-650TXEU Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E BIOS: preinstalled, I haven't updated it CPU: Intel Core i3 550, 3.2GHz, 4MB, LGA 1156 Memory (exact model): Patriot DDR3 4GB 1333MHZ 2X2GB CL9 GAMING ELK INTEL Do you overclock? no Graphics: EVGA GT240 Graphics driver: 290.36 Soundcard: ASUS Xonar Essence ST Sound driver: I've tried all available...
  I keep both disabled at all times. The problem persists.   Also, I've always had the onboard sound disabled and rolling back to older driver versions does not help.
    ASIO doesn't mix multiple streams of audio. It works exactly like WASAPI in that particular aspect (there are some differences in other areas). It's sound card/system/driver dependent (EssST/W7/latest from C-Media), so -- like I said -- it might work differently for you. I remember that KS in XP back when I was using an X-Fi based sound card would let other streams through, even though I don't think it should do that; not sure if ASIO behaved the same way.   Sorry for...
  Should probably read my post then.
  What are these disadvantages of using ASIO you speak of? It works (or at least should work) exactly the same in regards to accessing the sound card exclusively; it doesn't let any other audio streams through.In my case, what makes ASIO superior to WASAPI is the fact that when it's in exclusive mode, it doesn't interfere with other applications in any way at all. I can turn it on at any time, play some music, stop it and not have it cause any problems. WASAPI, on the...
  I just turned it off. ST is a PCI card. I hope the feature's just mislabeled and it actually helps...   In case someone doesn't know how to: Control Panel > System and Security > Change when the computer sleeps > Change advanced power settings > PCI Express.
  If there is, I wish I knew what it was.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/494565/xonar-essense-stx-random-loud-high-pitched-ringing-noise