Posts by fufula

You might want to give the older version a try. I've been using it for a while now and, like I said, works great with foobar2k. Checked for viruses and uploaded it here.
I couldn't get the new version of head-fit to work with foobar2k 0.9.6/w George Yohng's VST Wrapper or uLilith (running WinXP SP3 x86). All the sliders from the EQ and Crossfeed setup windows were visible at the same time and bunched up together in the same screen/tab. Clicking the buttons or moving the sliders around didn't do anything. Same problem with head-fit lite. Fortunately, I still have the older version, which works flawlessly and sounds...
Glad I'm not the only one. This isn't a new bug, though. The same thing happens when I run ASIO with the previous set of drivers, the whole system gets lagged; it takes around 1 minute for Miranda (IM client) to forward URLs I click to my default browser, folders take a long time to open as well, and sometimes the whole task bar will just freeze.   With the new set (beta) I also had a major problem with the microphone, it just sends really loud static. I couldn't figure...
I've been using this cheapo clip-on mic for years, it kind of looks like [url=http://www.amazon.com/Hands-Free-Clip-Mini-Microphone/dp/B001N0W2B6]this[/url] (there's no foam on it). It cost me like $5 and it's been working flawlessly. The Zalman mic was really sensitive. There was no way I could find the right sensitivity setting in Ventrilo for it to work properly; it'd either pick up the noise coming from the PC (which is pretty quiet) and transmit all the time, or not...
All I'm saying is that the browser is not capable of performing any anti-malware scans by itself, which is what I thought Ham Sandwich was hinting at in one of his posts. I guess we're not understanding each other and talking about two different things...
Can you provide a link to the source of your information? According to Mozilla's website: Quote: Firefox launches your installed antivirus program to scan files when they finish downloading. In some cases this can cause a substantial delay or downloaded files may not be saved after the scan completes. 1. In the Location bar, type about:config and press EnterReturn. * The about:config "This might void your warranty!" warning page may appear....
Quote: Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich Both IE and Firefox are doing some sort of additional virus scan check that is beyond just the normal AV scan by whatever AV product you have installed Uh, no. IE and Firefox don't have any built-in anti-whatever scanner. You'd have to install some plugin/addon for them to be able to do that. OP, this isn't the kind solution you were looking for, but maybe it'd be a good time to switch to a less...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hybrys That hiss might just be a combination of a dirty PSU in your computer, and low resistance headphones. If this is the case, look into an inline attenuator. Yes, but if it really is the case of a dirty PSU and low resistance headphones, wouldn't the hiss also be audible at higher sample rates? Like I said, at 44.1kHz it's there, but goes away as soon as I switch to 48, 96 or 192. I can only really hear it when...
I've always sticked to 24 bit-depth (since -- from what I've read -- it shouldn't really have any effect on the sound) and 44.1kHz sample rate to match the sample rate of the music I listen to (16/44.1kHz FLACs). My question is, would increasing the sample rate to 48, 96 or 192kHz impact the sound in any way? The reason I'm asking this is because I've noticed that the barely audible yet still annoying hiss (which I thought was the result of the sound card picking up...
Hi, I'm wondering if upgrading to Essence ST or STX, from my modded (AD8599 / BlackGate cap) X-Fi Xtreme Music that I'm using with HFI580s (quite happy with them, for now) would provide me with a noticeable SQ improvement. I guess what I'm looking for the most is improved soundstage, less analytical/digital sound, highs that don't make my ears bleed. I still play a lot of games, so I'm guessing this is the better way to go than some external audiophile sound card / DAC...