Posts by fufula

Hi there, were you using a dedicated app on your Note 2? If so, what's the bitrate in it? It's only 128kbps in the Windows Phone app vs 96/160kbps (the latter is optional) in the Spotify app.   As for desktop, are you talking about web players or were you using the Spotify desktop client? If so, did you enable high quality streaming and disable normalization and hardware acceleration?   There's also WiMP and MOG that offer 320kbps streaming if you want to test even...
Both services claim "up to 320kbps" bitrate, yet some people say they hear a difference in sound quality between the two and insist Deezer sounds better than Spotify. Is anyone able to confirm this? Has anyone done any extensive A/B comparisons? If so, can you point me to the songs where you hear the difference? The difference is obvious to me between normal and high quality streaming or, say, Rdio and Deezer/Spotify HQ, but Spotify and Deezer in high quality mode sound...
  It's been reported by many other people, not just me, and described in detail.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/546291/white-noise-coming-from-my-essence-stx-from-44-1khz   Which doesn't exclude a hardware issue, sure. You're very lucky or simply don't hear it. In either case, good for you.
Someone mentioned the amp in the Essence ST/STX line of cards. I'm using the 250ohm version of the 990's with the Essence ST (3xLME49860). I've tried the built-in headphone amp and the speaker/RCA out. To me, the latter sounds much cleaner. I didn't hear any benefits when using the built-in amp. To the contrary. One of the differences that the amp introduced was an always present, low humming noise. The other was unnecessarily high volume levels, since I usually listen...
Done and done. Nice initiative. I'm curious to see what percentage of people will get it right.
Here's my little review. After you register, you can create your first profile and configure it through the MyEars website (Flash). You're guided through the whole setup, which takes 10-15mins. As an amateur audiophile and an avid complainer, I have to say that I was a little put off by the sound quality of the voice recordings used during the configuration process. After you complete that step, you can download your very own, personal drivers that work as a virtual...
I would say the x64Core2 one is for multi-core processor systems.
  Yes, it didn't help. I had it happen once or twice during the past couple of months with the fix installed.
The bug hasn't been fixed. If you listen to your music at 60%, then I'm guessing 100% would be "listenable" as well, just a little too loud and the noise won't go past that when and if it occurs.   250ohm DT990PROs, I listen at 20-40% (outputting through speaker out/RCA) and, well, it's just scary as hell when you're sitting in a quiet room, with your headphones on, no music playing*, and all of a sudden you get a high-pitched beeping noise coming out of your...
Hi, sorry to hear it didn't work. uLilith stores its settings in the registry as well. If searching there and removing all its entries doesn't help, you could try contacting the developer. He's a nice guy and he answers his e-mail.