or Connect

Posts by fufula

If this was a heat issue, it'd happen when I'm playing games. It never did. Besides most people are aware they should keep their sound card away from their video card to avoid interference.
DaniloMisura, I'm not noticing any difference between Premium Spotify and Deezer. As for Spotify/Deezer HQ vs CDs/FLACs, well, it's the usual case of 320kbps/v0 vs lossless: sometimes you can hear a difference and sometimes you can't. Did A/B tests with the help of another person.   Vorpax, I disagree. Like I said, according to my ears -- and trust me, I can tell a 128kbps songs from 320kbps ones -- there isn't any difference between the two services. The streamed files...
I don't think this issue is limited to the Essence ST(X) I / II line of cards. Regardless, that reply you got from ASUS is not just disheartening, it's an outright lie. I personally reported this issue directly to ASUS and spoke with people who did so as well; there were many threads on their official support forums (I might've posted some links a few pages back, though they're probably dead now,) where many people reported the same exact issue of random high-pitched...
I probably should've updated the thread, since it's been a while and Deezer seems to have upgraded their entire library to 320kbps since(according to the amount of data that is transferred during streaming). I've actually moved from Spotify to Deezer around 3 months ago, and as far as sound quality goes, I've got no complains.
 Alright, scratch that. It's just extremely rare.
Sorry to hear that, I remember how annoying that is.   There were discussion threads up on the official ASUS forums concerning this issue a long time ago. Not sure if they're still going after all these years. Last I checked, there was no official word on how to fix it.   It's possible that this might not be a driver or even chip specific problem though and something else is at fault here (some mobo/soundcard incompatibility, software configuration). I've seen...
 That's probably it. Unless you did the tests expecting jriver to sound better and it's just placebo. From what I've read, dsound should sound just like WASAPI/ASIO if no streams are being mixed, but that's just theory.
Standard quality is 128kbps. What software are you comparing it against? What settings?   Also, regarding the non-HQ with HQ enabled issue: when testing the bitrate on my PC, I used the method of measuring the amount of data downloaded and converting it to the appropriate units. I made sure to disable any auto-updates and/or apps that could interfere with the measurements beforehand. At the time of testing I didn't encounter any music encoded at 160kbps, which, of...
 Save for some freak occurences during the encoding process which would either be clearly audible (as in, clear noise) or render the file unplayable, no. The ripping itself is the only thing that could negatively impact the quality of the rip. FLAC is just as good as its source.
It hasn't happened in over a year. I only recently made some changes to my setup (GFX card, SSD drive) and reinstalled Windows, but even long before that the problem was gone. That and I'm pretty sure I used Opera back when it last occured, whereas now I use Palemoon. Incidentally, I haven't been using my headphones at home much lately (been always using RCA though), so even if the problem did occur again I guess it wouldn't bother me that much...   I wish I could be of...