Posts by Mike112

I tried the A900X at my local Best Buy Magnolia section and thought they sounded awesome, but they didn't create a very good seal on my head at all. They kept feeling like they wanted to slide down my ears, and the wings didn't do a very good job holding them in place. I'm not sure if this is just a really worn pair from being on display or if it's just not a good fit for my head. These are the first headphones I've tried with the "wings" design so I don't have anything...
People buying up expensive products at a high rate doesn't necessarily equal the product being of much better quality. I'm not saying it isn't, but I certainly wouldn't swear by it. A large number of people being given both choices in a blind test and choosing the Lyr as the better of the two would be a far more convincing piece of information. 
KRK KNS 8400 fits every bit of your criteria, although I can't say with 100% certainty that it's going to be durable enough for you since that is one of your concerns. Mine has had no problems whatsoever, but it does feel a little flimsy compared to my m50 so I wouldn't go throwing it in a bag and schlepping it around carelessly. 
I wouldn't hesitate to buy from amazon myself, but if buying from an authorized dealer makes you feel better about the purchase, you can check the list of resellers from their site (at least in the US, haven't checked for other countries). Here's a link. http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/site/1e22eec97c088a8b/index.html   If you are in the US, the first vendor in amazon's list other than themselves is Beach Camera, which is listed as an authorized reseller. Haven't...
You should probably mention which Sony headphones you're looking at if you want feedback. Lots of Sony headphones use the letters "mdr." 
These are all just personal opinions so I would take them with a grain of salt. I've only ever seen the COP get good feedback and the fact that you can customize their sound without an equalizer makes them seem very versatile. If I were you I'd be pretty excited to try them. 
Based on these comments, I would recommend looking into the KRK KNS8400. 
Audiotechnica, look very similar to m50s although I didn't think they had any yellow on them. 
I haven't heard the Sony V6, but from what you've posted I think you might like the KRK 8400 if you're looking for a new headphone. They're very clear and bass, while there and crisp sounding IMO, isn't at all overpowering. 
Just throwing this out there, but you could look into the HD 280 pro. I originally bought them because I wanted noise isolating headphones and they were highly recommended for that at the time I purchased (maybe 5 years ago). They're 90 bucks right now on amazon and they are extremely efficient at keeping your music in and keeping outside noise out.