or Connect

Posts by Caution

Up for sale is a STAX Transitor amp V3 with Pro and Normal Bias outputs and XLR only inputs. This amp was built by Peter Rill, a very well known DIYer in the German community. The build quality of this amp is superb and it sounds great, I've compared this side by side to a KGSS and the main difference being more bass and slightly better control of highs on the KGSS when driving the 007s. This will drive the 007 and 009 better than any of the stock STAX amps so if you're on...
Up for sale is an Audiophilleo 2 with PurePower, if you're looking at this you probably know whats up. This is the MKI version. There is a small scratch at the bottom left hand of the unit, please see the uploaded image.   Comes with 3 different connectors, paperwork, and original box.   Pickup is at 2122, Paypal available if buyer pays fees. Will ship at the cost of Buyer.
Up for sale is an Audio-GD Reference 7.1, killer DAC (especially at this price). This version has upgraded OCC wiring and has been used for the past few years without a hitch, I'm very picky with my DACs and there is a reason why I've kept it for so long.   This version doesn't have USB input so you will need a USB to Coax convertor. Mind you, you would probably want a convertor anyway when your spending this much on a DAC.   Pickup is at 2122, Paypal available if...
Sold!
Sorry, forgot to mention I'm in Aus :)   Also, price drop. I've had a lot of interest from European members, but unfortunately shipping is going to be at least $80 AUD for those that are interested.
For sale is a Burson HA-160 that has been collecting dust for over a year now. Apart from the slight cosmetic blemishes there are no issues with the amp. Photos exaggerate the blemishes yadda yadda yadda!   Comes with original packaging. Switchable between 115v or 230v. For international buyers this thing weights around 6kgs or 13lbs so shipping may be pricey. Ask me for a shipping quote.   Buyer pays for Postage + Paypal fees, will accept bank deposit too.   Feel...
Initial impressions with stock tubes are that the Electra has more dynamics and better bass reproduction than the Transistor amp which sounds slightly flat and un-engaging in comparison - something I've never experienced when listening to the amp alone. With the transistor amp the sound stage is wider, and due to this it feels like there's a more distinct left, right and center - hopefully a better set of tubes will widen the sound stage on the electra. I'm also finding...
Aww yea, just received the 2nd electra parcel after receiving the first one yesterday. Listening for the first time with stock tubes, not too shabby .
I just got my notification as well. Pity I can't pick it up, instead I have to pay a hefty shipping fee.
Craig said he'd be shipping the amps out soon. That was 3 weeks ago...