Posts by Caution

Sold!
Sorry, forgot to mention I'm in Aus :)   Also, price drop. I've had a lot of interest from European members, but unfortunately shipping is going to be at least $80 AUD for those that are interested.
For sale is a Burson HA-160 that has been collecting dust for over a year now. Apart from the slight cosmetic blemishes there are no issues with the amp. Photos exaggerate the blemishes yadda yadda yadda!   Comes with original packaging. Switchable between 115v or 230v. For international buyers this thing weights around 6kgs or 13lbs so shipping may be pricey. Ask me for a shipping quote.   Buyer pays for Postage + Paypal fees, will accept bank deposit too.   Feel...
Initial impressions with stock tubes are that the Electra has more dynamics and better bass reproduction than the Transistor amp which sounds slightly flat and un-engaging in comparison - something I've never experienced when listening to the amp alone. With the transistor amp the sound stage is wider, and due to this it feels like there's a more distinct left, right and center - hopefully a better set of tubes will widen the sound stage on the electra. I'm also finding...
Aww yea, just received the 2nd electra parcel after receiving the first one yesterday. Listening for the first time with stock tubes, not too shabby .
I just got my notification as well. Pity I can't pick it up, instead I have to pay a hefty shipping fee.
Craig said he'd be shipping the amps out soon. That was 3 weeks ago...
I had a very similar setup to you a few months back and ended up keeping my Audio GD Reference 7.1 after having both dacs sitting next to each other for a couple of months. I found the W4S sounded closed in and congested compared to the ref 7.1. 
  This happens when I A/B the cables too. So I'm not sure if we can blame fatigue. Perhaps my mind is playing tricks, I guess a DBT is the only way to find out.
  Sending the cable over shouldn't be too much, and I'm more than willing to donate for science  and the community . I'd be very interested to see what the skeptics say having been one my self.   It's very interesting with these cables, some are immediately noticeable (ouch the pain) and some have subtle yet noticeable differences. I wouldn't have believed it my self If I hadn't tried, that's what makes this hobby fun in my opinion.  If you've tried something marketed as...