or Connect

Posts by Tassie Devil

The ergonomics of the S9 can be a bit frustrating, made more so by an apparent introduction of this new icon into the later firmware 2.53. It toggles from a lock to two other icons but I fail to see what they do and the manual has not been updated to explain. Anyone know? The S9 is only used for MUSIC play (and it IS very high quality ) and I've set the toggles to ->1, double straight arrow, block icon for simple play through of a single album starting at track 1 and...
No one wants to buy my HeadRoom BUDA head amp so I'm looking to use it in another room but need a good DAC to mate to it  OR  work out a trade with someone to swap the BUDA for a good DAC/head amp combo.  I'll be using Sennheiser HD650 headphones in balanced or unbalanced form with this system and only require Toslink or (better) RCA digital inputs.   Realistically hi-end gear like the BUDA now only gets 1/3 of retail price on resale so I'm valuing the BUDA at around...
No one wants to buy my BUDA head amp so I'm looking to use it in another room but need a good DAC to mate to it  OR  work out a trade with someone to swap the BUDA for a good DAC/head amp combo.  I'll be using Sennheiser HD650 headphones in balanced or unbalanced form with this system and only require Toslink or (better) RCA digital inputs.   Realistically hi-end gear like the BUDA now only gets 1/3 of retail price on resale so I'm valuing the BUDA at around $USD600 for...
Change of subject:  Feeding the A17 into amplifiers.  Tried two setups:   1.  In our kitchen/dining area we have a Cambridge Audio Topaz AM10 integrated amplifier connected to a pair of ancient A7 Polk Audio speakers (I recently upgraded their crossovers).  The Topaz AM10 has a front panel MP3 socket so connection was simple.  The sound - great.   2. My "Male Den" headphone listening post normally has balanced digital feed from a Meridian Sooloos server -> M2Tech...
UPDATE ON THE CHEAPIE 128 CARD   It turns out the previous attempt at loading this was a complete waste of time, not the fault of the card nor my fault but because the latest Meridian Sooloos software update introduced bugs so downloading from the server did not work.  So, while thinking the card was loaded up, it in fact had a heap of "false" music files with the actual ones only amounting to around 32GB (and they played OK as expected).  Bummer.  So, until they fix the...
Thank heaven I had the Sony NWS A17 with me.   I will not bore you with all the detail but I took the Sony and Cardas EM5813 ear speakers with me anticipating some tedious waiting abound prior to dental surgical implants.  What followed was concern at a heart condition, which aborted the dental work and ended up with me overnight in hospital for observation.  Nothing dramatic and all is OK for the moment but I was sure glad I had the music with me for 2 reasons - * the...
Let me repeat IT WAS MOST LIKELY MY FAULT THE LOADING WAS SLOW - not that of the card. No doubt it would take longer than the fast cards, but not to the extent I experienced.  Apologies for misleading people.
$AUD45 (around $USD32). Note I said it took 12 hours, not the 2 days as originally anticipated and that long time was most likely not connected with the card at all but the inefficient way I was loading it.  I should have loaded the music files from the Meridian server (hooked up by LAN in the network) direct to a special file in this PC and then copied those files across to the card.  What I did do was to load the card direct from the server via this PC but that involved...
CHEAPIE 128K CARD   Well it did not take to fill up as long as previously anticipated but, maybe because of the USB2 connection, did take around 12 hours.   Anyway now installed the card in the NWZ A17 and I can report it is behaving normally.  So it does seem a waste of dollars to use a fast card for audio although I have no doubt it would be necessary for video.   I'm currently feeding the audio into a pair of Sennheiser HD 650 cans using special cable I hooked up...
Yes, I'm using USB 2.  Maybe I should use a docking station (has a card slot) with an e-Sata link?  However it was only USB 2 previously with the Transcend card so the cheapie card is the basic problem.