or Connect

Posts by Tassie Devil

Sucked in.  After reading  reviews I've ordered a 6NX to go with my Sony ZX100.  I looked at buying used but the ones on offer at the moment are not bargains which is good from the point of view of them keeping their value but bad from the point of view of getting in via the back door for less outlay.  Also sounds like the digital volume control, although more expensive than analog, is a better proposition.   But I read there could be a wait time.  Anyone know the...
A number of reasons:1.  The cost2. It is bulky and not as portable as the Arrow3.  Battery life is not as good as the Arrow4. A lot of the cost has gone into the DAC circuitry, something which would be unused by me with the ZX1005. Reviews are not as universally praising as is the case with the Arrow. No doubt it is a great product and suits some systems fine, but not for me. Thanks for the comment anyhow.  We are all different with different tastes and priorities,...
Sigh, will this "upgrading" ever stop?   Intrigued by references to the Headstage Arrow amp I did some research and ended up convinced I had to have one to go with the ZX100.  Searching for used units revealed they kept their prices so well it was more worthwhile buying new and hopefully a more mature product.  So I've ordered and paid for a new 6NX from Robert but Have no idea how long it will take to materialise.  Anyone have any idea of the current waiting time?
Thank you for the honest and swift reply. And I agree with you wholeheartedly re the non android operating system.  The slow android OS was something I really hated about the A&R Jnr.  IMHO SONY have nailed it beautifully in the A series and I understand it is much the same in the ZX100.  It epitomises the KISS principle.
Soon after I purchased the A17, I bought a lovely leather protective cover for it but soon discovered it was a liability if you wanted to change cards as it was a real PIA to get the player in and out of the leather.  Those cheap plastic covers are far better and do the protection job fine. When I flirted with getting the A&K Jnr I sold the A25 I had but later regretted it when the A&K proved a disappointment and was sold.  But I struck lucky and picked up a used A25 last...
Yes, that is the sensible alternative. However using different players avoids that card changing messing around and, more importantly, avoids the long load up time needed, especially with the 200GB cards. So, some of us are too lazy/impatient to always be sensible.  Anyway, many of my friends and rellies would not class me owning just one of the A17, A25 or ZX100s, as being sensible when they could achieve music, at a level OK for them (:" I cannot hear the difference") on...
Wow, impressive. Now tell us, do you honestly distinguish much difference between the ZX100 and ZX2?  If so please describe those differences and how big/significant (maybe for different music types?)  you find them.
He was only in Singapore for a few days so I could not impose on him too much.  No doubt I would have dug one of those places up if it had been me and it would have possibly been cheaper as the full price there is $Sg699.  How Sony can justify $AUD799 here is hard to appreciate (note $Sg & $AUD are very close at the moment).
After searching high and low for weeks I've finally got hold of a new ZX100 for the equivalent of $USD450.  [ Most places here in Australia are asking the equivalent of $USD600 new although one place offers them for the equivalent of $USD505.  I see Amazon has them at a good price.]  It has been bought for me by a friend at Singapore Airport but I will not see him to collect it for a few days yet.  He searched high and low at downtown Singapore but they were not stocked...
Cheap, but NOT nasty - SONY A25.  Not much internal memory (12GB available -> 45 CDs)  but will take up to a 200GB external card (183GB available -> 685 CDs) giving a total capacity of over 700 CDs.  A quick reacting and user friendly operating system with navigator and a couple of other buttons - no touch screen.  Highly recommended.