Posts by Jazic

I just got a pair of cables yesterday and spent the day with them. I put the BaX's on my SE846's and noticed they are cleaner and less congested than my other cables. The only other cable I've tried that is as clean sounding (but more sparkly) is the FiiO cable but I hate the microphonics, comfort and lack of making a quality connection.   They are a bit more balanced sounding than the Westone Epic cable which tends to be more V shaped. It could just be in my head but...
I use my SE846's straight into my S4 and I have never experienced hiss period. Well I do have hiss but its 100% from the recording. In between tracks its dead silent. Ther might just be a noise gate built into the software but if an S4 can do it why can't a specialized piece of audio throw it on like the Hugo?That said, generally using a higher impedance cable or the volume adapter works but isn't ideal.8 ohms can be both a blessing and a curse. They do allow for more...
I have both the X and XC and the Lyr 2 with upgraded Amperex 7308s.In short I love them both for different reasons.X is better in every way except isolation. It extends better in both directions with a larger more precise soundstage.XC has isolation and ever so slightly boomier bass. Not a bad thing just a difference. The soundstage on the XC is larger and better than the LCD2F by a bit.The XC has a peak of around 10-12khz and the X has a peak around 12-16khz so it sounds...
Not worth the $1k to you you mean. When discussing expensive IEM's its kind of necessary to be open and sensitive to other people's preferences. I personally don't care for westone house sound but I completely understand other people's opinions and enjoyment.
Well... My LCDX, LCDXC and Shure SE846's with my own custom tips are perfect without eq. I cannot honestly think of a single think I could do to improve either. Maybe, just maybe a touch more very high end sparkle on the 846 but that's very hard to be EQable.
This might be an odd question but is there a glue that will adhere to the plastic on tips?   Reason I ask is I have a pair of SE846's and I love the triple flanges but hate the stock Shure triple flange. I've found through some modding that I love the sound of the wide mouth triple flange with an adapter. I've future more used small orings as spacers.   My question about the glue comes into play when I try to secure the tip into the smaller mouthed adapter tip to the...
 I've used them pretty extensively at the gym. I used them with the stock cables and wrapped them behind my ears due to microphonics. I've dabbled with a bunch of tips ranging from the Westone silicone, foams and comply comfort fits.  What I ended up with when all of that was said and done was with a MMCX adapter, Westone memory (no wire) cable, and the Westone foam tips.  The Westone cable sounds (my opinion) best and is more comfortable than the others I have which are...
 Just because something is overrated doesn't mean it's bad.
Everyone who listened to my LCDXC and Lyr 2 with Amperex 7308s were blown away. I'll bring my Magni 2U and Modi 2U again along with my new pair of LCDX's and Shure SE846's. My wife has some Westone W30s but doubt I'll be able to talk her into letting others use it cause they'll be occupied. :-P
I'd be down for another meet.