Posts by Jazic

Found this on the Audeze website looking for weights of the different headphones: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/og7gq93qnftjlk7/vJkD867Zg4   Specifically this: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/og7gq93qnftjlk7/AAAsuYQ2x6lywpPBBBUE_lsra/EL8_AppleControls_v4_web.pdf?dl=0
 Was comparing my modded Fostex T50rp and LCD2F and the XC's bass is wowza good. It's more bass but it is much better. Goes much deeper and it does it so effortlessly on the XC.. Still my fav can by far. Loving the suspension belt I put on it. :p
 Crud.. So the P's are my option then. I could do an experiment and see how fast it kills it. Might not be a big number. As far as volume goes it takes maybe 33% to reach comfortable volume with the P and about 66% to reach comfortable volume with the S.  Would that volume difference matter or is it the drain due to higher impedance?    EDIT: Sorry if these are n00b questions. I've never done any testing or much reading on it myself. And yes, if I had the time I would...
This might be a general amp related question but it is about the ER4S' specifically so...    If I am using the S adapter or get the S Shure adapter for my ER4P-T's, would the added impedance be a higher drain on my phone's battery?    I'm a big fan of the adapter and love the sound of the 100ohm of the S over the 27ohm of the P. It has clearer highs and it's not as muddy in the mid bass. Plus I feel better with a less likely chance to deafen myself since the volume is...
I was listening to some Tom Waits the other night and at the end of the song as the instruments were finishing up the song you could hear him gently breathing and then he scratched his cheek stubble.The song was "'Take it with me' by Tom Waits on Mule Variations" at the very end you can hear him quickly scratch his stumbled cheek. I was like holy cheek batman!
To my gear, Lyr 2, Magni 2U, FiiO E18 and my Samsung s4, the ER4P-T tend to be warm. With the S adapter they clean up quite a bit. A lot of the mid bass hump is gone and they sparkle a little more.As for analytical, you'd need abut more clarity I'd say. If you can eq some upper table and mids you'll be rocking with detail. Once EQed they are the most detailed IEM, headphone, speaker I own by far. I hear background sounds, instruments, and details I've never heard before....
I'm tempted to grab the S Shure adapter over the P adapter. I think I prefer the sound of the S. It sounds cleaner and clearer from my phone. Altho once I have my sound set up using Viper4android it'd the best sound I have ever heard period. I'm assuming that JH13 and K10 might beat it without modification but I'm sure they'd need something because no two sources are the same and I like my sound a specific way. I like very deep, slightly recessed mid bass, smooth mids...
It was my first meet as well.Next time I'll just bring sticky notes for all my gear and tell people to use whatever they like and browse more.
I'm on mobile and I don't see any difference. Are the different resistors or something?The S and P differences with resistors are just reduced mid bass? I haven't sat down d critically listened to the differences yet.
You're welcome! I knew someone could use them.