Posts by Jazic

The passive aggressive is strong in this one.
New. PM for info. Thanks!
I recently got the Layla and I'm on the fence. Every minute I listen to them they keep getting better but I keep being reassured the Angie is brighter and that's one thing the Layla isn't, is bright. It sounds amazing and exciting and layered like Ive never heard before but it still sounds like something missing and it'd gotta be the 2-4khz dip that's causing it. I'd love to have a direct Angie and Layla comparison but right now that's rare.
I just posted this in the Layla impressions and thought I'd share since I had some negative things to say and it did concern the Angie to some extent: 
I almost feel like editing my other posts from yesterday...   I put on the Layla this morning without having any previous sound sig burned in like I had yesterday with having listened to the X for about 5 hours.    The Layla has opened up quite a bit and now sounds similar but much better.    I also switched tips to some Monster triple flanges. You might say that triple flanges are bad and dark but this isn't the case. I use an adapter on every IEM to use these...
I just posted this in the Layla thread...    I had to make these changes with the Layla to get it to sound 'balanced' to my ears.    With bass set to 12 oclock (50%) I had to set it to this: 1k   =  +2dB 2k   =  +6dB 4k   =  +6dB 16k =  +8dB     This is with a SoundBlaster ZxR feeding optical into a Uberfrost into a Lyr 2 with Amperex 7308 vintage gold pins.    With this EQ the Layla sounds very very close to the LCD-X. The sound opens up completely and...
I have read through all of the Layla, Layla and Angie Announcement, and Angie threads and I remember reading from someone who posted EQ of his changed to the Layla.   Anyways, I did the same using my Soundblaster ZxR. It's going through optical straight into my Uberfrost feeding into my Lyr 2. I usually always just go straight Optical out but for the EQ I need to go through speaker mode.   Long story short, here are the changes:     It only took me a few minutes...
Followup question, the Angie is like the HD600 and the Layla us like the HD650 as far as sound sig go? I prefer the HD600 and hate the HD650.
12oclock on the Layla is plenty for me. 1pm is fun.Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.If I do decide to return, I'll end up with the Angie and try some used Universal K10s. Might use them for on the go since they are smaller. Just thinking out loud here.
@x RELIC x Have you tried the Layla enough to make a comparison? I got the Layla to directly replace my XC because I preferred the X and wanted something different. I'm strongly considering returning them for the Angie if they don't change much with a short 5ish hour burn-in. I know its not fair to compare IEM's to headphones but its my money, I'll do what I want! :-P That said the X sounds very harsh and sibilant when I switch from the Layla which translates to they are...