Posts by cfcubed

Very nice unique & innovative build there milosz.  Clearly a lot of thought, time & expense when into it.  Especially like the front panel & power supply treatment.
troymadison - Congrats on the build.  Something to consider for more ventilation (w/o access to CNC) is using table saw if you've access to one.  One of my amp builds used a case similar to yours & I'd agonized on how to make "nice" holes.  I used table saw with proper aluminum cutting blade, with bottom plate clamped down well & slowly raised the blade into the material, making nicely spaced / equal-length slots the width of the blade cut.  Got the process down well then...
It's silly but did you try moving the amp to a different location? Just to rule out interference from a nearby device.
Thank you for elaborating, helps support your advice:). Nice to hear the details / experience you've had with the build. Sometimes the thing you build doesn't turn out as nice or practical as the image you had of it. Hoping that doesn't happen for my build:)
You know what sub forum this is right? And the same could be said of most hobbies. Sense of accomplishment / workmanship is not quite the same sitting on the couch and pressing BUY button for ready-made gear.
Quite a coincidence, I've just accumulated nearly all the parts for a DIY powered speaker box of my own.   Wakibaki's recommendation is good, safe and quite complete (as usual from him - nice:)  Here's a more advanced/potentially less safe route I've chosen to pursue.  Only those knowledgeable & comfortable in Li-ion use should even consider this risk/reward balance, I'm in no way recommending it.   Lithium-Ion cells have a much higher energy density (power/weight...
Closed pending cleared payment.
Up for sale are a pair of Beyerdynamic Tesla T1's that I bought from another member a while back.  They are like new, I can find no cosmetic/sonic flaws, they look and sound perfect.  Think the buyer would find it hard/impossible to tell from new.  Serial number is 46XX and these headphones have the newer style headband that is more comfortable. These have stock cables terminated with a 1/4" plug, and have no signs of wear.  The previous owner bought them new, claimed he...
Offered is a 2-channel stereo β22 headphone amplifier built by me a few years ago. It uses a power supply similar to that of amb's beta18 amp, comes complete as shown and works perfectly.  It's a solid, reliable, quiet unit I've used off & on for the last few years.    Only selling because I built a larger, more expensive version of this amp that I've decided to keep: http://www.head-fi.org/t/692466/22-beta22-2-channel-headphone-amplifier-newly-built & I only need one. ...
Well you know where to look (pin 1) & the bad symptom (TB+ should be 95V - 105V and plate pins 1 & 6 about 80V.)   So we know you are up to here in CTH's setup instructions:If TB+ is good but pins 1 and 6 are far from 80V the tube opamps may be bad or a component value may be wrong.If everything in the tube circuit tests good but the plate voltages are still far off, the tube is bad. I find the problem curious because its a "no sound" problem, IIRC more often you get some...