or Connect

Posts by nc8000

Agreed
0 to me is ground. In true balanced you have an inverter giving you the normal + signal and then the inverted signal giving the - and hence the double voltage swing. The ZX2 does not have the inverter and the double voltage swing but does have 4 seperated wires and channels
Yeah. And the really stupid thing is that since Sony don't include a headphone with the ZX2 they are not required to limit anything in EU. The EU rule only aplies to a player WITH it's included headphones
Yes that should work as long as you get the wireing right
There is no inverter, only seperate ground so it is L+, R+, L0, R0 and not L+, R+, L-, R- as a true balanced would be but sound wise it gives most of the benefits of balanced and is really worth it going trrs on your phones if you can
I have not removed anything. Disabled sound enhancement app but otherwise left it as it came and have not installed anything (tried a few other player apps but deleted them again).
1% is when you don't use the unit at all and it is not in 24 hours but over night. I browse for albums and then play an album end 2 end. This way I get about 25 hours play time (about 3 hours per day) and charge once a week
To me the EU ZX2 drives Ultrasone Signature Pro with no problem
For me the play time per charge is a major draw, I was so fed up with having to charge every 2 days with my previous daps and since I almost exclusively use it with JH13 the power is more than plenty even with an EU unit.
Brightness is on lowest and it is in flight mode. I chose an album and play it end to end. This use pattern consistently gives me about 25 hours play time with flac cd rips with JH13 ciem.