Posts by zilch0md

The Battery DAC has arrived...   http://www.head-fi.org/t/709720/starting-point-systems-portable-nos-dac/15#post_11399021
The Battery DAC has arrived!   http://www.head-fi.org/t/709720/starting-point-systems-portable-nos-dac/15#post_11399021
18 days later, it has arrived.  Joy! (Updated the morning after arrival day) (Updated two days in - with perhaps 6 hours of listening) My first, very premature impression is that this is the best most enjoyable "transportable" rig I've ever had:  FiiO X5 Coaxial Out > The Battery DAC > iBasso PB2 w/LME49990 and dummy buffers, balanced out > HD800 I am amazed out how smooth the treble is with the HD800.  There is a slight significant slight loss of detail compared to the...
 Jumping in, given that this is as much a Sony NWZ-A17 question as it is an OPPO HA-2 question - and I invite HasturTheYellow to correct me, of course, if I lead you astray... The FiiO L5 is a Line Out cable for Sony Walkman.  It would provide an analog signal from the Sony NWZ-A17's DAC.  It would not bypass the DAC.  It would only bypass the amp.   Even if you were to mod the FiiO L5 cable to replace the 3.5mm TRS plug with a USB Micro B male connector, the HA-2 wouldn't...
Exactly. The HA-2's USB A jack is for iDevices only.
   The HA-2 never pulls power from the USB A female jack (for iDevices), but it can charge an iDevice through that connection if you press and hold the battery-check button for a few seconds until the blue LED comes on.   The HA-2 will pull power from the USB Micro B female jack (for PC, Mac, Android or Sony Walkman with Sony WMC-NWH10 cable), but I know from discussions with an OPPO engineer during the Beta testing that the HA-2 can detect the difference between an...
Not trying to be obstinate, but I can't figure out what you're asking. There's only one question and it requires we know what you "hope."Give it another shot and I should be able to help you.Mike(Admittedly not very good at reading between the lines.)
Joy! 
I've heard that China long ago struck some kind of trade deal with the U.S. that allows them to ship their stuff here faster and cheaper than other countries at similar distances.  I've never researched the veracity of this, however. 
Not yet. I ordered it 17 days ago. Going on how quickly gear arrives from China, Paris is much farther from Dallas, Texas. Tracking info doesn't provide an ETA, but it arrived in NYC on March 3rd, six days ago - 11 days after placing the order.I suppose it's also a long way from NYC to Dallas! Any day now...