or Connect

Posts by zilch0md

The problem is that many of us cannot completely turn off our subjectivity to become purely objective - as Einstein no doubt could.   You've always struck me as being hugely intuitive and imaginative, yet capable of shutting that down on demand. I'm putting you on the spot, here, but you are one of a handful of reviewers I've come to trust - because even when your tests follow mine, we are in agreement. When I cannot hear an improvement that you can hear, as is the case...
 I don't understand how the H10 could be described as having "discrete architecture" when it uses IC op-amps. Where have you seen it written that the H-10 is "a 'discrete' amplifier?" The Burson Soloist is an example of a discrete design.  I don't know what those ICs do, as seen in this photo, but there aren't any IC op-amps in the signal path:  [[SPOILER]]
  Oh...  Go for it!   I say, try anything and everything with or without the USB Regen, allowing your ears to tell you which is best for your system and your tastes, but understand that the USB Regen's greatest benefit happens inside the DAC's receiver (its USB 2.0 PHY chip) - reducing PHY noise that the DAC's receiver itself would generate when the signal integrity isn't as good as when the USB Regen is allowed to do its thing - with as little as possible between the USB...
 I haven't, but I have a lot of respect for iFi's designs.   They need to reconsider this section from the marketing spiel on that page, however:  They're saying that because most USB cables use plastic-bodied connectors, instead of their solid aluminium connectors, "noise will radiate out" from the plastic connectors.  This doesn't make any sense at all. Wouldn't we want noise that's already in the data wires to "radiate out?"  If plastic connectors can do that, then we...

I was very happy with the HA-200 -> HD800 bass.   But if you are looking for more bass energy vs. whatever amp you are using currently, I would say that in the end, an HD800 will always sound pretty much like an HD800 in terms of bass energy.   The HA-200 didn't "fix" the HD800 bass energy any more or less than other amps I've tried. If you want more bass energy in the HD800, you'll have to go to an EQ (yuck) or, to a low-power amp - which tends to bloom the bass, for...
 http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-hd-800-s-tweaked-and-delightfuland-french-diy-response
 Yes, that's the very neutral and transparent Meier Audio Corda Quickstep.
 Yes!  That's a very welcome feature!
^ Yes.     By the way, my strategy for using Tidal's primitive search engine is to select one word from the artist's name and one word from the track title - both of which are the most unique, least common words of those that are available.     For example, to find: Honky Tonk Women by the Rolling Stones    I would just start entering: Tonk Stones   This gets me to a short results list and ultimately, the track I want, faster than any other approach I've tried....