Posts by zilch0md

Thanks for those details!Mike
 A while back, someone in this thread recommended this short cable for the HD800, available in four lengths:   http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Silver-Plated-Audio-upgrade-Cable-For-Sennheiser-HD800-HD-800-headphones-/201307381524   And there are other "inexpensive" cables out...
^ Aside from the initial risk of damaging either your HA-2 or the Sony DAP, by experimenting with different cables...   I suspect that once you've taken that risk, discovering that no harm is done and that you can actually listen to music with it, the probability of anyone having a serious problem with that same cable is very low.     Someone might find that it has a negative impact on sound quality, but thanks to your willingness to conduct these experiments, we can...
[[SPOILER]]   This is the best solution I've seen yet as an improvement over using rubber bands - without concern for applying adhesive to the HA-2's leather.  Here's a link to those velcro straps:   http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E1Y5O6 Thanks! Mike
Oh, good!   I feel better, thanks!  
 We did express the same concerns that people are now expressing with the released version, but we weren't presenting any obviously better solutions. Even now, with dozens (hundreds?) of owners scratching their heads regarding this issue, nothing has been proposed that could serve as a better general-purpose, one-size-fits all solution than using rubber bands.   At the opposite extreme we have the CEntrance HiFi-Skyn, which users could find obsolete the instant they...
+1
^ It is indeed a very nice-looking volume pot, but it also has a really nice tension - without feeling wobbly, either - something miceblue and other Beta testers worked to improve with the prototypes.               Mike
Hi gerogelai57, Yes, but you've got me wondering if you aren't plugging your IEMs into the D100's Line Out instead of into the Headphone Out. I apologize for even suggesting that possibility, but want to rule it out, as you haven't actually said that you're able to use the D100's volume control, at least to some degree, to attenuate the power, so here goes...   Does the volume at your IEMs change at all when you use the D100's volume control?   The output of just about...
^ You could connect the D100's Line Out to an OPPO HA-2.    You could then get control of the gain, with the ability to run less efficient headphones, and the possibility of adding  an Apple or Android mobile device, for access to streaming services (Tidal HiFi), in addition to your static microSD card library.   Then, it really will be like a laptop (sandwiching the HA-2 between the D100 and your mobile device).       I've done this with the 96/24-capable Sony...