Posts by zilch0md

Well, I'm glad they're not pretending to care.    Translation:  "We'll take your money until you cancel your subscription. Otherwise, we really don't care."
Meanwhile...   @stuartmc  I've read your report, above, and I have to say I'm very impressed by your energy and enthusiasm, but also by your credibility in reporting mixed results - both the good and the bad. The longer I'm at this, the less sure I am of my ability to report fact from fiction, as I've learned to doubt what I hear more than trust what I hear, but you really do strike me as truly having the ability to discern what you hear, accurately, and there's nothing...
LOLYou guys have some swag!
 I live in a suburb of Dallas, Texas. As suggested (Thanks!), I ran the netstat -b > temp.txt command while Tidal was streaming and discovered that tidal.exe is connecting to: 91.223.192.235   Solido Hosting A/SCopenhagen, Denmark      tidalmedia.exe is connecting to: 2.54.164.130  (or sometimes 2.54.164.14)​Orange IsraelRahat, Israel     Running a tracert 91.223.192.235 command, I can see that the route for tidal.exe goes from Copenhagen, Denmark (via one more addresses...
 I say that only because I had no problem to solve for my LCD-2 and PM-1, thanks to the OPPO HA-1, when I continued shopping for amps for only one reason - to take the last bit of brittle edginess off of the HD800.  That was accomplished with the HA-200 - the first amp I'd heard that allowed the HD800 to retain its strengths while also dealing with its weaknesses.   So, I didn't buy the HA-200 in hopes of it competing with the OPPO HA-1 for use with my planar...
 ESS9018M2
^ That's neat.   Higher supply voltage = more mW rms.
Yes.  The same USB Micro B jack that supports USB DACs can detect the presence of and support Android devices.    
 I still haven't heard the H10, but I love the HA-200 as a solution for the HD800, which is known to be bright,fatiguing, and even harsh with less than ideal amps. The OPPO HA-1's amp section, for example, sounds great with planar magnetic headphones (Audeze LCD-2 and PM-1), but I found it to be incompatible with the HD800.  The low negative-feedback design of the truly single-ended, Class A NuForce HA-200, on the other hand makes it an amp that I could live with, forever,...