or Connect

Posts by zilch0md

I'm still enjoying my V5 Duals in a portable amp, leaving the lid off simply because the V5s are too tall to put the lid back on, but from everything I've heard to date, I think Burson's use of an injectable foam material, surrounding all of the discrete components, in combination with a solid plastic shell, traps all the heat that's generated within.  When the air temperature inside an amp's closed case is greater than ? degrees, the V5 overheats, the sound quality begins...
 Do you use them with the H10 case closed or with the lid off?
 It looks like good design (from what little I know,) not having any DIY skills.  "You didn't build that!"  
 I think we will see much less unanimity of consensus from buyers of the Ultra-Cap LPS-1 vs. what we've seen with the USB Regen. Uptone Audio selected one of the quietest, low-ripple, SMPS supplies they could find to ship with the USB Regen, but it's not as quiet as many other solutions that people have tried, including battery packs and various mid- to high-end LPSs, including the Uptone Audio JS-2. (Yes, some people are powering the $175 USB Regen with a $995 LPS.) So,...
   Having never used the HA-200 in the dual monoblock configuration, I nevertheless concur with everything you are saying here, as it relates to the HD800.  I actually ordered two HA-200s at the same time, leaving one of them unopened, only to sell it it in that condition, later, new in the box.  Call me cheap, but I was so very impressed with how well a single HA-200 performed with the HD800 and so discouraged (call me lazy) by the prospect of ordering custom cables for a...
  For $27 plus shipping costs, you could start by just setting two of these 300mm x 120mm aluminum heat sinks on top of the H10 case, side by side - without attaching them or using any thermal cement:   http://www.lck-led.com/aluminum-heatsink-15x3w-40x1w-300x120x20mm-black-p-946.html You would be surprised how effective this can be. I routinely use a small heat sink placed underneath my CEntrance DACport - which can get quite warm, running in Class A.    You would think...
 Wow!  The DACmini CX is standing proud in that rig!   I don't know what kind of amp or speakers you have - they're beautiful - but I also love the fact that you are using Tidal HiFi > iDevice > CCK as your source.  I've been doing this myself ever since Tidal HiFi was first offered and I love how "silent" the iDevices can be when a USB signal is pulled from them this way - compared to power-noisy laptops and PCs.   Another plus with the DACmini CX is that it supplies its...
Wow!  The pleather pads surely do increase the bass energy of the DT880 600.  I have all four types of pads for the Oppo PM-1 and none of them make so dramatic a change on the PM-1 as does replacing the DT880's velour pads with pleather.  Amazing.
Interesting!  I did not know the Pono was a zero-feedback design.  My wallet floweth under!