Posts by zilch0md

Joy!
^  I love it when people restore something like this!
 Yes, the Bushmaster MkII bass is remarkable - and it's in the DAC, not the headphone amp. :-)  
Hi Turboman808,The first thing to do is to identify all the op-amps in your possession so that you can take notes and share comments with others and receive opinions from others. Then, remove the top four screws from your PB2 case, remove the lid, plug in the cables and headphones of choice, and start listening and rolling, listening and rolling. :-)If you have single-ended cables, you can speed up the rolling process by using half as many op-amps, like pitsel does:If...
Silence. :-)
 Here's some more conjecture - not meant to annoy those seeking facts... I agree - OPPO will likely choose to protect that reputation, by releasing something worthy.  IF the PM-1 gets rave reviews, even the most disgruntled among us will want to hear it, and could end up buying it, despite its release being slow by some definition.
I'm uncomfortable with measuring a battery voltage under load because it can vary so greatly with how great a load you're pulling (in amps) vs. the size of the battery (in amp-hours).  I wouldn't be surprised to discover that the voltage measured under the relatively small, 60mA load of a Bushmaster MkII with a 4 Ah battery is nearly identical to the voltage measured with the Bushmaster MkII turned off.  So, we agree in practice, for the Bushmaster - there's no need to...
Joy!   It seems I'm hopelessly addicted to dummy buffers (at the expense of additional current) but, depending on your headphones, you might find you can better hear what the Muses01 brings to the table, at least for a little while, if you go "bufferless."     This is analogous to something I once read at the forums of CoffeeGeek.com (paraphrasing):  If you really want to know what your non-dairy creamer is doing to the flavor of your coffee, just fill your mug with...
 You're welcome, Those look like HA5002 as buffers, but what are those duals you're using? Mike
   The Anker Pro2 is the battery I want to buy next - whenever my XP8000 gives up on me. TheArtOfSound members report that some of the Pro2's don't shut off with the Bushmaster MkII load, but some of them do.  It's a roll of the dice and nobody has figured out if it's a certain range of serial numbers or what... Given how well constructed they are and the very attractive form factor, if I were to get one that's "bad" - I would just return it and keep trying - maybe twice -...