or Connect

Posts by zilch0md

Sacrilege! 
 I can't figure out what you're recommending.   The only way I can see as large a view of the album cover as could be had previously (during play), is to tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner, then select "Go to Album" from the context menu.   Is that what you meant? That's a pain, when my goal is to both see the album and to NOT see the cheesy, gimmicky, spinning emulation of an LP.  It means I have to stay in the playlist view, to avoid seeing the...
ngkou,   First, regarding those studies where hundreds of people discern a difference in quality...  Listening to well-reproduced music cannot be fully appreciated until you've spent a lot time doing so. It's a skill that can be acquired, with practice, by anyone with healthy hearing, and the acquisition of this skill is often accompanied by adaptive hedonism - that natural tendency to become accustomed to a repeated experience that was previously pleasurable, but then...
ngkou,   I should have mentioned, too, and I'm sure you understand the significance of this - you're not just shopping for V rms when selecting a DAC.  I'm not nearly as experienced (with having listened to a lot of gear) as many people are, here on Head-Fi, but I've paid my dues with a lot of "low-fi" DACs - looking for an affordable DAC that makes the HD800 happy, in combination with a good amp.  It might not be your cup of tea, but my whole mindset with the HD800 has...
 ngkou, You're smart to be concerned about the effect of the Line Out voltage on the amp, but I can assure you, 1V rms is plenty of power to drive the HA-200 into the HD800.  As I write this, drinking my first cup of coffee this morning, I'm listening to the pictured rig with my HD800 and my volume control is set to 9 o'clock.  I can't even stand how loud it is at high noon.    TidalHiFi > iPod Touch 6 > Oppo HA-2 Line Out > iBasso PB2 with Burson V5 Duals and LME49990...
 I had the same first reaction to the "spinning record look" - but I am so very tired of seeing it now, and there doesn't seem to be any way to turn it off.   Ugggh! It has become very old - a cheesy gimmick that was cool for about a day - and I want to examine the album covers - the entire album cover - a static album cover - while the tracks are playing.   Ugggh!  Please give us a choice, Tidal!
Are you asking with the HE-6 in mind or the HD800?Are you answering with the HE-6 in mind or the HD800?
 That's a beautiful cable!  Apparently, your DAC doesn't require the GND wire for a handshake - but some DACs might not work without the GND. Here are some John Swenson posts (from CA) on the subject of DIY USB...
Relaying the question embedded within the post, above: 
I would be really surprised to hear better sound coming from an iPhone 6s LOD than from the ES9018K2M DAC of the HA-2, but I've never tried it myself. I've seen several testimonies that the iPhone 6s audio is better than in previous iPhones, but all of those statements were talking about plugging IEMs into the headphone jack of the iPhone 6s, so they were writing about its DAC + amp.   It stands to reason that the DAC can't be all that bad if DAC + amp sound good, but...