or Connect

Posts by zilch0md

Hi Lohb, Yes, I always use dummy buffers in the PB2, when using it with the HD800 or with my recently acquired DT880 600-Ohm (modified by BTG-Audio to use balanced cables).  I would love to have the current gain offered by using "real" buffers in the output stage, but the noise floor is always lower when I use dummy buffers - as heard with highly resolving headphones. When using the LCD-2 rev.1, HD600, and HD650, for example, I cannot hear the increase in noise floor that...
It seems as if the calibration only adjusts frequency response.   This paragraph is interesting:  Do these headphones have an internal DAC/amp?   (I suspect they do.) Can they only be used with iOS and Android devices?   (It seems so.) The only way they can calibrate the FR to a given listener is to perform the calibration using the same DAC/amp that will be used when later playing music. They're pulling the calibration tones out of an app on your mobile device - digitally...
 Thanks for your clarification!  I'm perfectly OK with your impressions, as we are not making an apples-to-apples comparison - different gear, not to mention different ears. In the end, as with almost all audio components, prospective buyers really have to make whatever comparisons they are considering - on their own.  There are very few audio products that have acquired a truly majority consensus of positive opinion - as with the Uptone Audio USB Regen, where even though...
      Just to be clear, please entertain this question:   If you were to swap the op-amps back and forth without touching the volume control, which would play more loudly in your headphones - the Burson V5 or the Sparkos? If my interpretation of your earlier posts is correct, I'm thinking your will answer that the Burson V5 is louder - which really surprises me because I experience exactly the opposite with the V5 Duals vs. Sparkos SS3602 in my iBasso PB2.  It's a...
 Hi Lohb, Li-Ion and LiPo batteries should be discharged to a voltage of 3.8V per cell before putting them away in storage.  They will have a voltage as high as 4.2V per cell when fully charged.   The battery pack in the PB2 has a 3 cells, so when it's fully charged, it would measure as high as 12.6V (4.2V per cell) and when you store it, it should measure exactly 11.4V (3.8V per cell). It can be easily disconnected, but I think it has some double-sided tape on the...

In my case and with KopaZ, it quickly made the trip to our respective, local USPS distribution centers, then sat there for a couple of days, going nowhere, before finally making the last few miles to our respective local local post offices, then sat there overnight, before getting delivered to our homes. I  So it will probably get to Central IL, quickly. I'm curious as to how long it will sit still at your local USPS distribution center - as revealed by the tracking...
 That's weird.  The same thing happened to me.  Tracking info showed it went half-way across the country very quickly to reach a local USPS distribution center that's only 10 miles from my house - where it sat still, going nowhere for about three days, then it took a whole day to make it to my local post office and I got it the next day.  Sheesh! I have a theory: The USPS is so busy delivering Amazon packages that are handed off to them from the UPS, that they couldn't...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/20250#post_12650499  
Now I'm pushing the DT880 600-Ohm with balanced output from the PB2 (with both sides of the two Sparkos Labs SS3602 Duals). It's almost an injustice to call the DT880 600 a poor man's HD800. It sounds so much better with twice the power from the PB2.     http://www.head-fi.org/t/633511/pictures-of-your-portable-rig-part-xvi/20250#post_12650499