Posts by zilch0md

My HD800 is happier than ever...   http://www.head-fi.org/t/529140/show-us-your-head-fi-station-at-its-current-state-no-old-pictures-please/19380#post_11242344
  96/24 WAV  >  FiiO X5 Coaxial Out  >  Metrum Octave MkII  >  Metrum Aurix  >  HD800     (on the stock cable, but with my Currawong mod applied: http://tinyurl.com/qhoscrw )   Wonderful!  The best I've ever heard the HD800 with my own gear...   Mike
The default 10-Ohm output impedance is apparently not to your liking with low-impedance headphones.     You might want to send it in to get the 1-Ohm output impedance mod applied.  Mine sounds just as good with headphones under 80-Ohms as it does with higher impedance loads.   Mike
OK, at the risk of sounding melodramatic, I have to report that the Metrum stack with HD800 just quickened my breathing and brought tears to my eyes. YMMV    Anyone who owns this chain should have a listen to this track. I wish everyone could hear what I'm hearing.   Pause   by Emily Barker & The Red Clay Halo from their album, Almanac   This was one of Linn Records' 24-bits of...
By the way, I had asked Cees Ruijtenberg what components reside between the RCA inputs and RCA pre-outs of the Aurix, so that I could decide whether it would be best to daisy-chain the Aurix ahead of the OPPO HA-1, or the HA-1 ahead of the Aurix, or to just use RCA splitters at the rear of the Octave MkII.     Having asked an OPPO engineer the same question, when I first got the NuForce HA-200 and determined that it was better for  the HD800 than the HA-1's amp section,...
 I just caught this on a re-read of recent posts... Beyerdude, are you an organist?   I was a student of Lloyd Del Castillo (in Hollywood, in what seems like another life...) when he was inducted into the ATOS Hall of Fame - which means he was stunningly good and I was stunningly bad.    On his three-manual Rogers, he only wanted me to practice with his favorites - songs like Cole Porter's Begin the Beguine, but when I'd get home I'd jam to my sheet music instead - mostly...
The Metrum Aurix has been running for 103 hours straight.  Three hours ago, I went directly to building and listening to this chain:   96/24 WAV  >  FiiO X5 Coaxial Out  >  Metrum Octave MkII  >  Metrum Aurix  >  HD800   I am cracking up listening to this!  As I browse through many of my favorite tracks, I keep getting hit with a slack-jawed astonishment. This is just so nice!  Together, the Metrum siblings and my HD800 are creating the best sonic experience I've ever...
Dude! I love that! Those cats can dance, the music's great and the video is perfect for this thread! Haha! Thanks!