Posts by zilch0md

You're a true gentleman, for saying that, but some people can't handle criticism as well, and it's easier to vote anonymously (at least I think it is), than to openly, though gently, tell someone (to their face) that their photo isn't up to snuff.     Years ago, I belonged to a PSA photography club.  These clubs encourage improvement of technique and self-assessment through regular, formal judging of member submissions, but the judges were always local professional...
 Hey Chris, I've never heard the E17, but at the risk of posting like a broken record, the X5's Line Out is so impressive with an external amp and the HD800 that I've spent about four hours today just trying to identify which of the amps I have, both desktop and portable, best allow that detail and transparency to come through to the HD800. Using a FiiO HS2 headphone switcher to switch the X5's Line Out between each of the following amps, always comparing only two at a...
Thanks for the elaboration, daerron!    Mike
 Hey, thanks for that tip.  I can't test it myself, because I've already voted, but I'm glad you found a way to simplify the process. Mike
[[SPOILER]]  That's nice! 
Actually, it's still a member-judged gallery, but speaking of rules, there were people who weren't following the rule to pull their own submissions in the absence of positive feedback - and I'm guilty of that myself, seriously.   I'm sorry to be losing subscribers, but if I don't do something to tighten up the quality of photographs, then I will feel compelled to change the title of the thread, even though I had originally chosen the words "Fine Art" with a little bit of...
 Hey daerron, I'm having no difficulty seeing your post as an absolutely sincere and credible testimony of your personal observations - your veracity is unquestioned, in my mind - but man, this has got to be one of the most amazing posts I've ever read in terms of its ability to elicit a "How can that be?" reaction.   It helps that I'm in the camp that believes jitter, or the lack of jitter, can do incredible things to the sound, all the while delivering a stream of 1's...
I hear you, it is difficult. There doesn't seem to be a way to make the links "hot." Any ideas would be welcome.
Hey everyone,   In the interest of maintaining this thread as true to its title, I've created a poll in which ten posts have been selected (by me), as candidates for removal.  At the end of the month, I will be asking the five "winners" to edit their posts, reducing them to a single "."   This thread is intended to be a place where members can find a collection of at least good photographs of Head-Fi gear, if not great photographs.     As anyone who has ever competed...
Wow!  I know exactly what you mean about the simplicity of playing from a Sony recorder (from my 3.5 years with the PCM-M10), but the thought of also having a card reader and  DAC with wireless remote, or if you're using Optical Out, at least a card reader with wireless remote, is very appealing - especially with your having gone experimenting with it to incorporating it into your everyday system.    And, just for clarification, are you using the D100's Line Out or...