or Connect

Posts by zilch0md

Great advice!   These "expensive" discrete op-amps are very affordable upgrades when you consider what they can do for "mid-fi" quality amps - as with the iBasso PB2, for example.   I would nevertheless caution people to tackle the weakest link in the chain, first - and that usually involves spending a lot more money than you would on a pair of these "expensive" op-amps - which are best appreciated when nothing else is in the way, so to speak. They would not be able to...
 Exactly!  LOL
Amazing mod!  Congratulations!   I recall that the O2 runs on an AC power adapter, not DC, so I'm surprised it contains a space and connectors for two 9V batteries. Is it normally capable of portable use, also?
 I've never heard the pairing, but in general, the HD800 is happiest on low- or zero-feedback amps. That's the short version. :-)
 Apparently, it's no longer available - or not yet available:    http://www.mysoundaffairs.com/collections/power
I haven't. Do you like it better than the Sparkos?
Hi zandbak,   Thanks for the details of your suffering, so to speak.  :-)   I'm glad you returned it rather than just coping with the problems.   I think you have to make a total of 5 posts to this forum, before you'll be allowed to post photos, by clicking the toolbar button that looks like a mountain range with a setting sun (or maybe it's a rising sun.)  :-)   They don't normally ship with an AC-to-DC adapter/charger.     See my post #4, from page 1:...
 Actually, I had referenced the Texas Instruments (Burr Brown) OPA1612 duals, which are also available as OPA1611 singles - the op-amp found in the original Meier Stepdance. :-)