Posts by zilch0md

I have never found a software/firmware EQ that can play a pure sine wave tone without distorting it. Try downloading and playing one of the 30-second WAV files available at this site: http://www.mediacollege.com/audio/tone/download/ Here are direct links to the 100Hz WAV and MP3 files - try enabling and disabling your EQ as it plays! ...
Is there a sub-$1000 DAC that sounds like the Metrum Octave MkII - in terms of what the Octave MkII does to reinforce the HD800's strengths while compensating its weaknesses? In other words... Sonnet 2 : Valhalla 2 :: Octave MkII : ? Mike
Buy something else!Oh... That was their plan...
^  That's epic!
Still available...
I agree with all of that. My thanks to both of you!I've ordered the Valhalla 2.
Lots of shared wisdom, here, purrin! Thank you!Somehow, I'm drawn to two options and thus, a question for you, please:Independent of price (a difficult consideration), with tube rolling allowed, of course, which amp would you prefer for the HD800 - the Valhalla 2 (with or without Anax) -or- the DNA Sonnett 2 (with or without Anax) ?
Thanks for that advice. Others have recommended the mod in response to my similar posts, so I finally ordered the materials a couple of days ago...
I dunno.    If we step back a bit to see the big picture presented by the InnerFidelity FR measurements, there doesn't appear to be any significant audible difference in bass between any two combinations of PM-x and the four pads. The spreads below 30 Hz can be ignored.   Most of the deviation is happening in the low treble.