or Connect

Posts by zilch0md

It's unlikely that you'll be able to gather a consensus of opinion among people who have heard both of these amps and I've not heard either of them, but I can tell you that using the Burson V5 Duals in my iBasso PB2 portable amp is far more impressive than was my $999 Burson Soloist (which was soft in the treble, lacking in dynamics, and very laid back - as if I was seated a long way from the stage). The Burson Soloist is touted as having an "analog" sound, but I didn't...
 Ohhh!  Thanks!  (I'm still working on my first cup of coffee.)   
 Why does the price of a software plug-in vary with the headphone for which it is tailored?   
 If they do have different tolerances, I would think the only problem would be in one that has insufficient tolerance.  The other would remain unaffected.   What is "the deoxit / fader treatment"? Update:  I figured it out - I had never heard of this CAIG product - http://store.caig.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.293/.f            Do you use this on the volume control of the H10 or on the op-amp pins or ??? I put a tiny drop of Deoxit Gold into each hole in my DIP8 sockets and for...
 The signal integrity of a high-speed, square-wave stream of 1's and 0's can be degraded by impedance mismatches at the PCB launch points, in the connectors that are soldered to the PCBs, in the cable connectors and in the cables - causing reflections that distort the square waves making them difficult for the DAC to interpret (Is this a 1 or is this a 0?), which can create additional work for the DAC, invoking routines in a USB receiver chip that can actually generate...
  To connect the Sony Z3 to port B, you must have been using either this or this - which bypasses Sony's proprietary DAC to use the HA-2's ES9018K2M. And yes, the only way to supply a signal to the HA-2's DAC is to use either A or B (from an iDevice or everything else, respectively.)
Hey, you're welcome ngkou.  I had thought your initial impressions of the Lehmann were made with the HD800.  I'm now glad to hear you are among those who like the Lehmann with the HD800.     Regarding your love of bass, it's absolutely your choice - your taste - that matters.  There is no right or wrong, here. I started out loving that same sound you crave, with my Audeze LCD-2 delivering it very nicely.  I still enjoy that coloration (it's neither accurate nor neutral),...
 Bummer.  Some HD800 owners actually like "soft" amps - they can't stand the brittle treble they hear with highly resolving amps that sound harsh with the HD800, but OK with other headphones, so they intentionally smear the details with a soft amp and conclude that they have fixed a problem with the HD800. I think you've already concluded that you (like me) prefer DACs and amps that allow the HD800 to be itself.  Again, I recommend you go with a low-feedback (or, better...
 The photo at the Burson page looks as if it's nothing more than sefl-adhesive copper foil - which is fine, but I don't think it's in anyway more special than that.  My fear is that it might keep some heat inside the V5 while it keeps some EMI/RFI out. http://www.amazon.com/Fly-Young-Copper-Conductive-Adhesive/dp/B013GEWN8I
 That's perfectly OK. You could still try both COAX and OPTI connections, to see which sounds the best to your ears, but I wouldn't fault you for trying only one or the other. Despite my warnings of potential problems of impedance mismatch with Coaxial connectors and cables, I use this $7.99 Toslink cable between my Sony Bravia HDTV and the Oppo HA-1 (for after-hours television viewing with the Audeze LCD-2 rev.1)  Optical cables should be kept short as well, and there are...