Posts by zilch0md

[[SPOILER]]   Given the unanimous response, I'm starting to think I must have a fetish.  LOL I might as well stick the other foot in my mouth by adding that I actually use "ghetto @ass shower caps" as raincoats for my camera gear when I shoot landscapes (always with a tripod) in the rain.   I keep two of these in my Lowe Pro camera backpack, I hardly notice the extra weight - and these things are awesome for covering gear between exposures, even in a heavy...
I routinely use these disposable, elasticized covers on the ear pads of all my headphones. http://www.amazon.com/Large-Stretchable-Headphone-Covers-Earmuff-style/dp/B009CDXPCG/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1410925756&sr=1-4&keywords=headphone+covers You can see them on the HD800 in this photo: The large size is fine for LCD-2, PM-1, and HD600/650, but it's a little tight with AKG K550 and way too large for Amperior or DT1350, where the small size is...
 I'd love to hear your take on Ohno casting.  The explanation I've always heard (paraphrasing) is that the highest frequencies arrive at the same time as the lowest frequencies because, with Ohno casting, the highs cannot take longer paths to get from the amp to the transducer than do the lower frequencies - as they can when there are lots of cracks and fissures in the metal, that can be "explored" only by the higher frequencies.   None of that makes any sense to me...
It sure sold quickly!
 LOL - my first good laugh of the day!  Thanks!
I just read an explanation provided by OPPO staff.Please disregard my questions. See the OPPO page for clarification.Mike
Anyone: Does the PM-1 now ship with both the original PM-1 lambskin pad (with felt ring + fully perforated) and the alternative (PM-2-style) lambskin pad (no felt ring and partially perforated) and the original PM-1 velour pad (with felt ring)? Or has the original PM-1 lambskin pad (with felt ring + fully perforated) been discontinued - such that now, the PM-1 only ships with the alternative (PM-2-style) lambskin pad (no felt ring and partially perforated) and the...
Maxx134, My thanks to you and several other people for encouraging me to try the HD800 mod with the OPPO HA-1. I am thrilled with the results! FiiO X5 Coaxial Out > HA-1 balanced out > modded HD800 Radiohead's Everything In It's Right Place has never sounded better to my ears and it's a great track for testing treble performance. Similarly, Daft Punk's Tron Legacy (End Titles) has precisely the right amount of treble energy for my tastes - with all the speed and...
Thanks guys.
With which ear pads?With which ear pads?With which ear pads?Mike