Posts by zilch0md

Oh, good!   I feel better, thanks!  
 We did express the same concerns that people are now expressing with the released version, but we weren't presenting any obviously better solutions. Even now, with dozens (hundreds?) of owners scratching their heads regarding this issue, nothing has been proposed that could serve as a better general-purpose, one-size-fits all solution than using rubber bands.   At the opposite extreme we have the CEntrance HiFi-Skyn, which users could find obsolete the instant they...
+1
^ It is indeed a very nice-looking volume pot, but it also has a really nice tension - without feeling wobbly, either - something miceblue and other Beta testers worked to improve with the prototypes.               Mike
Hi gerogelai57, Yes, but you've got me wondering if you aren't plugging your IEMs into the D100's Line Out instead of into the Headphone Out. I apologize for even suggesting that possibility, but want to rule it out, as you haven't actually said that you're able to use the D100's volume control, at least to some degree, to attenuate the power, so here goes...   Does the volume at your IEMs change at all when you use the D100's volume control?   The output of just about...
^ You could connect the D100's Line Out to an OPPO HA-2.    You could then get control of the gain, with the ability to run less efficient headphones, and the possibility of adding  an Apple or Android mobile device, for access to streaming services (Tidal HiFi), in addition to your static microSD card library.   Then, it really will be like a laptop (sandwiching the HA-2 between the D100 and your mobile device).       I've done this with the 96/24-capable Sony...
 That's a valuable comparison, as I've suspected the HA-2 and GO sound similar, as long as the headphone is efficient enough to not require more power than the HA-2 can deliver relative to a GO 1000, for example.
 You're welcome Luke!   The somewhat bright signature of the HA-1 DAC+Amp is exactly what the shelved highs of the LCD-2 need (in addition to the power available at the 4-Pin connector).  Brighter headphones (i.e. HD800) just don't work as well, in my opinion. Mike
Just playing with colors...  
 A recurring "Best Price" at http://camelcamelcamel.com/SanDisk-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQUAN-128G-G4A-Version/product/B00M562LF4