or Connect

Posts by zilch0md

Thanks for these links!   That second link contains a curious sentence: "Oppo yesterday introduced the new Sonica DAC, a complete reworking of the HA-1 headphone amplifier"   Where's the headphone jack?  It's a DAC, it's not a "complete reworking of the HA-1."
I can't tell for sure, but in addition to the forthcoming Sonica DAC, Oppo's UDP-203 Blu-Ray player might have the new ESS9038PRO:  
 Thanks for this info.  A few people noticed your post. See the tail end of this video:  
Barry White   Album:  Unlimited   Track:  It's Ecstasy When You Lay Down Next To Me     tidal.com/track/3240007
 I haven't compared it to a Squeezebox Boom, but regarding the play of USB HDD...  specifically, via the Sonica App for iOS (I have no experience with the Android version), the app's navigation of the files on your USB stick or HDD is really nice.  It parses through all the files - of any supported format - and presents them by Artist or Album or Song.  I've even tried putting songs 14 subfolders deep, beneath the root level of the drive - and it finds them and displays...
^ When did you get a Modi 2 - and whatever Schiit amp that's sitting underneath it? Meanwhile, I have ordered and tested and will be returning the RAVPower FileHub Plus.  Thumbs down. You can read reviews all day long, but there's nothing like testing something for yourself - especially when your intention takes you off the beaten path.  It hit me while configuring the WiFi connection on my Apple Touch 6, that my iDevice only has one WiFi transceiver - one WiFi adapter -...
This answered question seems to rule out using the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick as I had intended (with Tidal).   And this answered question similarly rules out using the RAVPower FileHub Plus.   It seems there's no way to "seamlessly" extend iDevice memory.  
Thanks for your input, Cornan!   Yes, I've seen several brands of flash drives that attach via the Lightning connector, but I cannot find any that offer a pass-through Lightning connector so that a DAC can be used at the same time - assuming that would even work.  I've never seen anything like a splitter or Y-connector for the Lightning jack. It's a shame, because it would be nice, for example, to supply power with one side of the Y while using the other side for...
Has anyone tested and/or successfully implemented any means of expanding the offline storage of Tidal albums on iDevices - beyond the available memory within the iDevice itself?   I'm considering, but have not yet purchased or tested these potential wireless storage solutions:   https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Wireless-Smartphones-Computers-SDWS4-032G-G46/dp/B0198QE5MA        ...
Two weeks have passed with no reply to your question?