Posts by zilch0md

OK - I do want to attend...  I'm still subscribed, for sure...
 Thanks for this ^ clarification!   Mike
8 Votes with 7 people good for June 1st.     Guess who was one of the first to vote and absolutely cannot make it on June 1st?      That's OK. Majority rules.   ' See you guys next time!     Mike
I'm confused - I thought olegausany was saying that the PM-1 is more comfortable - that he can't tolerate the LCD-X for longer than 30 seconds.    Waiting for his next post.  
It's remarkable that you've only got 6 votes.  It was such a great idea to poll everyone.  
OK, thanks!   You're a happy camper with the X3, no doubt.  That's very promising.  I use WAV files, too - and they're all tagged with dBpoweramp, no less.  And I use those files with foobar2000 (and a Sansa Clip+ from time to time). So it's very nice to hear that my library of FAT32-formatted microSD cards can be used with the X3, as is.   To accommodate my Sony PCM-M10, which can only read to a depth of one folder down below the root, all of my WAV files are in folders...
 Whoa!  Thank you for all of this!  First, somebody slap me!  I knew that the AK's didn't have analog Line Out - which I've found disappointing - but somehow (ARRGGH!), I missed the fact that even the AK100 and AK100 MKII have Optical Out!    I need to dig more deeply when I read reviews.   And the AK100 MkII sells at the same price of the PCM-D100 with an interface much better suited for playback.  Doh! I think you may have just dropped the grenade that could end my...
 Thanks for this.  I'm with you on not applying a firmware upgrade when there's nothing to fix.    Do you only use folder navigation?  (I ask because I've read there are people who have chose to do that exclusively - to avoid issues - but that was a while ago.)   How about searching by album, by song, by title?   Playlists?  Have you tried FLAC instead of WAV?  Are there problems with FLAC gapless, to your knowledge?  Is scrolling speed annoyingly slow?   Any problems at...
 Thanks for this comparison.  (I've been considering the LCD-X - haven't heard it yet.)
 I've had several ESS9023 implementations, including the Stoner Acoustics UD100, the JDS Labs Objective DAC, and a borrowed Audioquest Dragonfly, none of which can compete with the Concero - but I attribute a great deal of that to the Concero's exceptional power management abilities.  The Concero can sound great on USB power that would annoy a Dragonfly owner, seriously frustrate an ODAC owner, or send a UD100 owner screaming into the night. To my ears, the Concero...