Posts by defsquad

Just picked up a new album by an ambient group called Sleep Research Facility, the track is called 79s 83w, album is called Deep rieze (yes, it's spelled wrong).
To each his own I guess. For me, the use of the dropbox and tabs negates the need for double pane; however, i could see where double pane views would be useful if you were comparing massive list of files/folders (possibly your music collection or some such). Hope you like Forklift; I just couldn't live without many of the features of Path Finder when I tried Forklift; though the app uninstall feature of Forklift was nifty; but I already have AppZapper so I never really...
So, I guess you can say I've been bitten by the head-fi bug. I bought my Vibes based on regular consumer reviews, and also because it was readily purchaseable (is that even a word?) at my local Apple Store some 6-8mos ago. I realize that there are better IEM's out there (and hopefully better fitting ones with more options for fitment), and am wondering if I should venture away from the Vibes for better sound and build quality (mine haven't died yet (currently are in...
Quote: Originally Posted by goober-george how bout sage francis and mf doom? we adding more to the sic list of lyricists/groups? tack on atmosphere, the smob, alpha flight, KRS One, Afu-Ra, Aceyalone, Madlib.... so glad there are some underground heads on this forum.
man, so glad someone posted stuff about definitive jux. aesop rock, el-p/company flow, cannibal ox, them and so many others are some of my favorite lyricists. also you can't forget about the dj's that are keeping it alive, dj vadim, dj krush, dj shadow, and then there are the turntablists, beat junkies, scratch pickles, kentaro, d-styles.. i can go on and on, but the many forms of hiphop are alive and well; like others have said, unfortunately its too easy for some dude to...
I'll add Delerium to this list (some of the guys from FLA -- Front Line Assembly -- started this dark ambient group)
Quote: Originally Posted by Manny Calavera I am NOT surprised that this place has not been mentioned in any thread ever,not this one or any other here... Seems I am one of the only HIP HOP & RAP fans here on this huge forum not quite I probably missed it, but add www.ninjatune.net to the list.
I second the Deftones and Killswitch Engage and Clutch, also add Demon Hunter, Reveille, Project 86, Norma Jean, um, those are the ones I can think of off the top of me head.
DJ Vadim - The Soundcatcher Demon Hunter - Storm the Gates of Hell
EyeAmEye, they are possibly my favorite "metal" band of all time. I agree, Storm The Gates of Hell is most excellent. Got the last one on the shelves at my local record store on tuesday. Incision (track 7) is just an incredible track.