Posts by defsquad

thanks for the writeup pony, and for answering my questions. i think i'm going to sell my 5.5 80gig video and go with this setup. 32gig should be enough for all flac audio, 'sides i don't listen to all the music i have on this 80gig anyway.
that's awesome pony, i read through geektechnique's multiple diy mods to the ipod mini (and his soon to be done, i hope, 4g ata->cf adapter mod). i don't know much about the mini's in terms of their sq and general stats say compared to the 4g or a 5.5g video; with the size being what it is, it would be in my opinion the best fully upgradeable flash player (after the initial mods of course). do you plan on pairing this up with an amp of any sort? what type of phones are...
Quote: Originally Posted by PouncePony I have an IPod mini on the way (eBay purchase, $50 total). I have a 32GB compact flash card in hand (paid $135). I also have a high capacity battery for the mini on the way ($5 total). After I get it all together and RockBox it, I should have a 32GB flash, OGG playing, FLAC playing, parametric equalizing, cross feeding, line-outing player. All for $190. -Pony that's seriously an awesome idea. i have an...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gatsu lisnalee, I love the way your line out also has USB as well. Is that a DIY custom or can they be bought from somewhere? agreed, that looks pretty slick. here is my lowly unamped rig. i'm in the process of trying to purchase a used 60gig iaudio x5 or x5L if anyone is in the market to sell theirs 80gb rockboxed 5.5g ipod video 1st gen gunmetal gray vmoda vibes with heatshrink tubing on audio plug
Quote: Originally Posted by Febs There has been great progress made over the past couple of weeks on Rockbox battery life. I tested a patch a couple of days ago that gave me 14+ hours on my 60 GB iPod Video. These changes haven't yet been committed to the official builds but I suspect they will be fairly soon. febs, are you just compiling patches in yourself, or are you using a specific unsupported build, if so, which one? i'm using tdtooke...
I've got a 4th gen rockboxed and a 5.5th gen (80gb) rockboxed, and yes, if you plan on having your entire collection in flac (which i'm trying to do), you better have at least 40gb. My only beef is the fact that right now with the latest daily build of rockbox for the 5.5 gen model ipods, you either have to choose not many "wow" features, or go with the basic features. So, if you want album art resizing, as well as FF/RWD scrub features, among others, you have to go with...
Thanks small.solar; mind my asking where you ordered your sf5pro's from? Are they pretty comfortable for extended periods of time?
So, I've been thinking about getting something that has a brighter range of sounds. I tried a pair of Etymotic Erb6i (i think that's the correct model number) and they had great highs, but had absolutely zero lows. I would be using these strictly at work in a cube environment - so pretty solid noise isolation is a must (was thinking of getting a cheap pair of Koss KSC75's for jogging, so I'm not completely audibly blind of what's going on around me while jogging). I like...
BushGuy, last night I decided to try the smallest tips, and wow, they fit perfectly, aren't slipping out and still provide a solid amount of isolation more so than the med/lg tips did. I think I'm pretty happy with the Vibes again.
wnewport, thanks for the rec. i recently came across a group called Sandpeople, which turned me onto another duo, Wildcard & Dead Poet. Wow, I'm blown away by their lyricism. Very Sage Francis like in their ability to spit rhymes that make sense and flow. for me, this is a great time in true hip-hop, there is such a wealth of good groups and mc's (and dj's, can't forget the cats in the back) that are coming up and making themselves known on the underground.