Posts by defsquad

Shauntell, you are correct, that is what I'm finding; there just isn't 1 size fits all for these lower cost IEMs. Could you compare the bass of the CK7's to the V-moda Vibes or the Senn CX300? Thanks much for responding.
..the MylarOne x3i's, basically that camp is claiming that it is the best under 100$ IEM, while the CK7 camp claims theirs is the best (all subjective, I know, and it all boils down to what sounds best to you). I was just about to checkout at buy.com on the CK7's, then I decided to read up on other alternatives when I read conflicting reports of the bass quality and frequency response on the CK7 (some say it is perfect, a much cleaner CX300, and other's say, it is...
Quote: Originally Posted by srozzman why would u need a color lcd, if it is music only? i'm a sucker for album art and just things that look better. besides, imagine what someone would say if you had a color screen ipod mini :P (geeky, i know) EDIT: So i just won the bid on a used and halfway working ipod mini. basically it's hd looks to be dead; possibly the battery. Anyway, i got it for something like $28, not too shabby. Pony, did you get an...
wow, this could indeed be the best audio-only DAP mod going. (will probably get shot for saying that); but to have the imod functionality on the ipod mini, along with rockbox, a better/longer battery, and higher hd space as flash memory; that'd be dope. how's going to figure out how to put a color lcd in there and have the ultimate flash player going around? anyway, i'm going to be orderin g the stuff for it tonight, besides, even if a newer/faster 32gig or even...
gah, firewall content filters! i can't get to ebay to check on ipod minis :/ i read where transcend is coming out with a 133x 32gb cf card in the near future, plus supposedly by spring 64gb cf cards are going to be more of a reality. i'm really curious to see how a mini sounds with my vmoda vibes, specially a rockboxed mini.
thanks germania, that's just what i wanted to hear. hmm, came across this thread about the mini's sq.. ipod mini SQ with rockbox - Hydrogenaudio Forums interesting the negative thoughts about the mini (yes i know most people dislike the ipods' sq over say a cowon player). anyway, i'd love my 5.5g if rockbox was faster on it and skipped less. oh well.
thanks for the writeup pony, and for answering my questions. i think i'm going to sell my 5.5 80gig video and go with this setup. 32gig should be enough for all flac audio, 'sides i don't listen to all the music i have on this 80gig anyway.
that's awesome pony, i read through geektechnique's multiple diy mods to the ipod mini (and his soon to be done, i hope, 4g ata->cf adapter mod). i don't know much about the mini's in terms of their sq and general stats say compared to the 4g or a 5.5g video; with the size being what it is, it would be in my opinion the best fully upgradeable flash player (after the initial mods of course). do you plan on pairing this up with an amp of any sort? what type of phones are...
Quote: Originally Posted by PouncePony I have an IPod mini on the way (eBay purchase, $50 total). I have a 32GB compact flash card in hand (paid $135). I also have a high capacity battery for the mini on the way ($5 total). After I get it all together and RockBox it, I should have a 32GB flash, OGG playing, FLAC playing, parametric equalizing, cross feeding, line-outing player. All for $190. -Pony that's seriously an awesome idea. i have an...
Quote: Originally Posted by Gatsu lisnalee, I love the way your line out also has USB as well. Is that a DIY custom or can they be bought from somewhere? agreed, that looks pretty slick. here is my lowly unamped rig. i'm in the process of trying to purchase a used 60gig iaudio x5 or x5L if anyone is in the market to sell theirs 80gb rockboxed 5.5g ipod video 1st gen gunmetal gray vmoda vibes with heatshrink tubing on audio plug